SPEC Clutch and Flywheel

Kirk Bryan

Is anybody using either?
How do they compare to Centerforce and McCloud?
How are they working for you?

All responses appreciated. [cough]Bill[/cough]

Kirk,
I have been asking the same thing over on the SCCOA and no one has anything to say about the spec maybe because it new.
But I'm looking for a clutch as well.

Spec clutch and flywheel

I have been using this combo for about 3 months now and I like it. I cannot compare it to stock since I did a AOD to 5 Speed swap. I got the stage 2 clutch for $475 and the aluminum flywheel for $500 CAD from The mustang shop located in Calgary.

Jeff

Kirk,

Although it is my pleasure to respond, I don't know how much help I can be at this point. I have been going through similar research as of late, mainly on the flywheel side of things.

A McLeod flywheel is used by many SC owners with great success. It is around 13-14 pounds, and has a replaceable friction surface. They go for about $375 USD, I believe. Their website says $479, but many places sell for less.

A SPEC flywheel is 11.9 pounds exactly, and is $369 directly from SPEC, or $400 from Super Coupe Performance. Try to get it locally, if possible. As for clutches, I like the CFDF, but would buy a SPEC next time around, stage 4 or 5 likely, based on the torque requirements for my application. My CFDF friction plate needs replacing after 40,000km, but I drive like an AZZ, and abuse it at the track etc. You can also add $79 to the price of a SPEC, and get a lighter pressure plate to compliment the lighter flywheel. Very cool chit. ;)

The key here is to find a Canadian supplier. If you do, let me know, because I'd like to order the flywheel. SPEC is popular with the Mustang crowd, so you should be able to order the stuff up here, and get a better price even with the exchange. I've heard nothing but good things about SPEC, so you're headed in the right direction, in my opinion.

Let me know what goes down....

Back