changed plugs/wires...plugs were kind of white!

SCboost

my plugs had a white haze on them. the cylinders 3 and 6 (the back two) were slightly mroe white. but am i running lean? just a little bit? or a lot? anything i can do? mods are as listed in my signature thingymabob. i just bought a 10% pulley...should i not put it on yet? i hear of many people being fine with it. but i'm not sure if they are running lean like a suspect i am. my plugs were clean otehr than that. NO black or anything. just a white haze on the tips. thanks agian. steve. also could the new wires (magnacore) and plugs fix that? or what? thanks. steve...again.

"White" generally indicates lean.

Plugs & wires won't fix a mixture problem.

76mm MAF w/stock TB and injectors? Has the MAF been calibrated for your setup?

Has it given any codes?

EGR operation

If your car has it be sure to check EGR op. A partially blocked EGR valve might not set a code but will allow NOx to rise raising combustion temp.

A smog check might also be helpful. GL.

SCboost said:
my plugs had a white haze on them. the cylinders 3 and 6 (the back two) were slightly mroe white. but am i running lean? just a little bit? or a lot? anything i can do? mods are as listed in my signature thingymabob. i just bought a 10% pulley...should i not put it on yet? i hear of many people being fine with it. but i'm not sure if they are running lean like a suspect i am. my plugs were clean otehr than that. NO black or anything. just a white haze on the tips. thanks agian. steve. also could the new wires (magnacore) and plugs fix that? or what? thanks. steve...again.
What makes you think youre lean?

i always thoguht white plugs were lean. car runs killer right now. runs awesome. like i siad i hit my own headrest agian. for the first time in a while. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't on hte verge of danger and that hte 10% OD pulley wouldn't send me over hte edge. i'm not exactly sure how to post pics. never seems to work for me. if someone would post a pic for me i have a nice pic of my #6 plug. thanks. steve.

Attachments

• mvc-002s.jpg
    mvc-002s.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 158
Youre FINE, go drive your car and enjoy it some!
These comp controled engines burn so clean that you really have to look up inside the plug around the base of the insulator to realltell about fuel mixtures.
That plug looks like any plug I've pulled out of the 5 cars I own.
They just dont look like plugs out of a carburated engine because fuel injection is so much better.
I only have one carburated engine and thats gonna change.
I'm ditching the Holley and putting FI on it.

Back