Smog on no resonator?

SlinginBeauty

I live in california where we have some smog restrictions and i was doing research in new exaust. I really want to run the 2.5 and 2 2.5high flow cads into an x pipe to 2 dynomax superturbo mufflers. This of course calls for the deletion of the resonator. My friend said that wont make it legal and wouldn't do me anygood in the end. Is this true? does it make it illegal? If you could give me any info or know anything it could help
thanks

well dont know man. what part of CALI. cuz i live in LOS ANGELES and u know how easily u can get a SMOG certificate here!

if you know what i mean wink wink.... well do you know what i mean?? cuz if you dont then obviously u need to email me

Officially it makes it illegal. If you look at the sticker in your engine compartment it says that the res has a catalyst which means that you need a cat there. I had my car pass smog twice with a res in the center because they didn't look but if you get a stickler then you are screwed. You could always have the x pipe unbolt so you can bolt a cat up there when you need to smog, quite a bit of extra cash to do it though. I just finally got mine to pass smog, I had no cats and it almost passed with some alcohol in the tank but I added a cat where res was, two up front are hollow, and got MAF calibrated and I passed with flying colors, I have a huge cam though.

Back