Code reader Question

kamakazie_1

Ok guys, here's the deal I got really agitated and this little cheap Acutron, light flashing, tone beepeing piece of crap code reader!!

Fortunately, I live on a two lane state highway and it became rather obvious that I am within throwing distance from the Hwy when working on my SC. The arodynamics are very impressive of this unit ( the tester not the SC) because from my carport I am able to acuratly throw this piece of junk and make it directly into the passing tractor-trailer's passenger window that was going by at 60 mile an hour!!! Joe Namath would have been very proud...:D :D

Now here's the question, what is the best bang for the buck out there for a better code reader without spending thousands of dollars?? Preferebly with a digital code readout instead of the kindergarden flashing light that make you feel like you're playing a pre-school counting game...

Thanks for any advice from the gurus out there!!

RJ

RJ

OTC 2000

The SCGUYS turned me on to one and it is impressive. Make sure you get a cartridge for your year. They can be picked up on EBAY motors tools diagnostic section. It will work for cars through 93 you might have to get the a different OTC set up for 94-95 sc not sure.

Wow, I'd forgoten I even wrote the message....

I never got one of my own, I borrowed one from a friend. It did scan all the sensors in a robotic manner and displayed results in a must more intuative manner than the flashy light thing, which by the way I never recovered from the truck driver :D

RJ

well, thanks for the input. i just purchased a autoxray ez scan 3000. anyone have one of these?

kamakazie_1 said:
from my carport I am able to acuratly throw this piece of junk and make it directly into the passing tractor-trailer's passenger window that was going by at 60 mile an hour!!! Joe Namath would have been very proud...:D :D
Did he score a touch down?

Back