My New Transmission Is Gone!

darkstar_one

well the transmission guy came over and took my car out for a spin. he is the one who rebuilt my transmission for me.

my transmission is a AOD tranny.

well he took it out and pointed out a problem why my transmission was blown. he pointed out that my car's idle was high which was certainly putting alot of pressure on the transmission. he took it for a spin and he told me that the high idle was the reason for the transmission not shifting. He said that something similar to a CLUTCH on a STICK SHIFT was burnt already due to the high idle putting alot of stress on the transmission.

Well he told me to get those sensors replaced and that over the weekend i should take off my transmission and he is gonne rebuild it for me for free.

Well that certainly sucks and i what sucks even more is that my dumb stupid brother doesnt know how to take care of damn cars to begin with. it certainly pisses me off just thinking about.

well later dudes

Well SCs have tachs, what was the car idling at?

I will bet good money the reason he is rebuilding it for free is because he ****** up.

nah... the idle at a stop light was 1200 RPM and thats high. My IAC sensor is really messed up.Its extra old and never replaced. When the car is on park it idles at 2300 2400 RPMs. We also ran some codes with a DIGITAL computer code reader my dad owns and a whole lot of sensors came out that they needed replacement.

yes i have. ive learned that a BAD IAC will cost more problems if not replaced properly. im also extra pissed at my bro cuz he was the previous owner of the car and didnt take care of it. it gets my blood boiling just thinking about it.

well ima get the IAC and TPS sensors for now and ima take off my tranny over the weekend and that guy is gonna come and pick it up. well dont know man. any other ideas?

Only advice I have at this time is fix all idle problems BEFORE you drive it again. Its true. A $65.00 part ended up costing several hundred $$.
Seems like youre on the right track now.;)
Good luck!:)

yeah that guy told me the same thing he told me to replace it and check it out and take the tranny back and rebuild it

darkstar_one said:
yes i have. ive learned that a BAD IAC will cost more problems if not replaced properly. im also extra pissed at my bro cuz he was the previous owner of the car and didnt take care of it. it gets my blood boiling just thinking about it.

well ima get the IAC and TPS sensors for now and ima take off my tranny over the weekend and that guy is gonna come and pick it up. well dont know man. any other ideas?
I would'nt be too pissed at him. Maybe cars just aint his thang.
You have it now, so make it your own.

yeah i am.. ima fix it up bad ***... i need to replace the sensors and the belts. i wanna replace the hoses too have them color coded u know. like all vacuum hose be like blue. something like that. but first the sensors and belts

Good plan! Get everything working properly first. Then after your sure everything works just like it should then you can play with the bling.

No no no no, I not an SC god of anykind. Theres guy's here that know alot more than I do about an SC......Trust me......They just dont always come out and play, thats all. There pretty busy in there labs.;)

Back