stall converter!!!

lovemybirds

Ok, I just bought another SC. This one is a 91 with a bad AOD. I got the car for $350.00 due to a bad AOD. The car is going to the shop Friday for a tranny rebuild but I am trying to decide whether or not to put a stall converter in it. I know very little about automatic trannies and how they work, let alone the torque converter. If I do decide to go with a stall, what stall should I use and how/ where is the best way to get one. I do intend on fixing it up for performance in the near future. The car is nearly perfect as far as looks and only has 102K miles. I think it is going to be my project. Unfortunately I work way too much to have the satisfaction of doing a lot of the work to it myself but as Im sure you all understand, providing for my children is much more important than working on a car. Thus I am contracting a lot of the work out. Any performance mods that you reccommend are greatly appreciated. My hopes are to get the car into the low to mid 12's someday. I know it will be costly and may require NOS in order to get those times but hey, why not. At least I'll have something to show for all the money I cant account for...lol. Thanks

Corey

Back