Phoenix Remanufactured Tranny's???

tbirdman

Anyone ever heard of this company? Looks like I might need a new transmission, and I saw these guys on Ebay and was wondering if anyone here has any experience with them or knows anything about them.

Tell me about it. It's so hard these days to find someone you trust. I saw these guys on Ebay with a rebuilt AOD tranny for $495 ($110 for shipping plus a $75 core charge). On the auction page description they sure talk themselves up nice. They say their trannys are dyno tested and all new parts (Borg-Warner I believe) are used. It's great that they can do the talk, but can they back it up? I mean, $495 for a rebuilt tranny seems pretty inexpensive to me. Must be using imported labor to rebuild the trannys, not that that's a bad thing mind you (as Seinfeld would say).

I have a friend of a friend (who has been rebuilding transmissions all his teen and adult life), who told me he would basically do the tranny rebuild, as long as I would help him, and he would only charge me wholesale for the parts and a couple hundred labor. Seems a big sticking point was just getting the tranny out (seems we have to take out the gas tank???), but when I told him I would help, he relented.

But if these trannys from this Arizona company are as glorious as they say, would it just be worth it to order one from them and have it put in?

Questions Questions...

hey dude..

well i got my tranny rebuilt from a friend of my dads for $550 with shift kit. well on mine before i took it off i had to remove the gas tank. which was fairly easy. well the tranny came back wonderful but i messed it up though. seems that i needed to replace my IAC sensor and i didnt bother and basically my rebuilt tranny went down because of the high idle. lesson learned.

well $550 for a rebuilt with SHIFT KIT is pretty cheap. well then again im in LOS ANGELES too were there is alot of businesses here that specialize in tranny rebuiilds. it only cost $550 and not a penny more.

Unfortunately, I think a bad IAC valve is the reason the tranny went bad in the first place. I was able to change the IAC valve myself for a measly cost of $91.20, the cost of the part from the local Ford dealer. But the high rpm's caused by the bad IAC valve may have been the death knell for my tranny. Now, I'll have to shell out hundreds for a tranny rebuild. Woe is me.

Just trying to feel out my options at this point.

I've had my SC since day one, and I love it. It needs some work, but in time...

By the way, what is this "shift kit" I keep hearing about?

If I help this guy rebuild my tranny, should I get this shift kit?

i think you should get a shift kit. i think it helps shift in better the gears. well i dont really know for sure so somebody might wanna throw a freakin bone here?

Well a shift kit will make the shifts much firmer. You can also move your shift points around if you like. I think you guy's would be happy with firming up the shifts, but dont have the shift points moved until you've done some pretty good engine mods done to the car.
Sorry about the late reply, Ive been pretty busy.:)

Back