attn: mike yates

beedogg91

hey man, well i havent been on cause my computer decided to crash. im having some sort of brake problem too. i tried calling you the other night, but you werent around. give me a call on my cell 352 5840232 when you get a chance. im looking forward to meeting up with ya, and maybe you can help me get this brake thing fixed. brian

well im not really sure, it sux not having a garage anymore. i have rust/bad brake residue on the rear pass side. the rotor is really bad and has a deep ingraving. it seems like maybe that calaper is stuck or somethign. when i drive i can brake, but it pulses and there is a loud noise from that calalper. no brake lights, and im not leaking any fluids. brian

Hey Brian, if you can't catch up with Mike sometime this weekend, check your email I sent you my Cell number, give me a call, I've got a carport we can work in... I just converted my F-250 to a solid front axle I suppose it will still support the SC work : D...

I'll just throw Momma's GT out in the weather and we can work away... Sticking calipers shouldn't be that big of a problem... Have you gotten new rotors?? It just be time for a brake job all around there bud...

RJ

hey mike, i tried calling you like you said, but no luck. hit me up when your free to chill. im in real need of a garage to check out my brakes before next monday when school starts up. if your not avail. let me know so i can hit up a local mechanic. brian

Man dogg its just bad timing I swear!!! Im not rying to blow you off, i had some stuff come up at the last minute im really sorry. If you go out of your development and make a left you will see coral reef(its a small side road) on the right side of alafaya, turn down it and make your first right youll see my poor monster sitting in the drive looking all sad cuz I havent fixed it or cleaned it yet:( but like I said im sorry call me tomorow.:)

hey mike, i completely understand. i know how things get hectic sometimes. im not sure your schedule this week, but just call me when you want to check out my bird. anytime day or night. if we can check it out soon then i might be able to fix it if i have to order a part in time for school. im make myself available whenever you call. brian

407 -281-4891 I work ALL the time lately but if you call friday Ill be home. life sucks lately, my Sc got all wet inside from a leak and I got to air it out and Ive still yet to fix it. Im thinking about replacing the carpet inside soon. man its just so hectic im going nuts lately. If you get bored call me, Imay go out on thurs to the bar if you want to go out and get a few cold guiness. if not jsut leave a message on my answering machine.

Hey Mike, you think it's busy now just wait till the kiddo get's here!!!

Good luck dude

Hey Brain, offer still stands, long weekend coming up for me this weekend, if you can make it over to me with your car we can work on it under the carport and not get wet... Give me a shout or an email if you want to..

RJ

thanx for the offer man, my car isnt very drivable due to the brake problem. when i step on the brakes my rear pass calaper grindes really bad. hopefully it will be an easy fix once i can get it some where to get it looked at. i was supposed to go meet mike up at jiffy lube today, but i just found out how undrivable it really is. i can make it to mikes house down the street but i think thats about it. where are you exactly at richard? mike said somethign about him being off on friday so maybe we could all meet up and put our heads together on our sc's. let me know brian

mike, i called you on friday like you said too, but again you werent around. let me know if and when you have an hour that we can use your garage to get my car back on the road. i think all i have to do is put on new pads on the rear pass side, for some reasone the pad is rubbing all the time and when i put on the brakes that pad grabbs first and causes it to brake really bad and unsafe. maybe the calaper is froze shut. but like i said call me as soon as possible man. i really really really would appreciate your help on this one, its so hard not to have a car when you first move somewhere. luckly i have been taking the bus to school but i really need to get this looked at. its not safe enough to drive up to your shop or else i would have done that on wed like you said. i can have it towed there, but i figure it would be easier to just drive it to your house. let me know if i should just toe it to a local mechanic or if i can rely on you to help me out. brian

Hey Brian, I've tried to call you a couple of times on your cell the last week so maybe we could catch up while I was over there in the area, no voicemail on your Cell?? is this the right number??

RJ

Brian, There could be several things causing the brake problem you discribe. Could be a bad piston in the caliper, the caliper slider pins may be frozen(rusted) in their bores ect. I'm presently doing the brakes on my SC and am somewhat familiar with them. PM me a contact # so maybe we can get together and have a look at your car. I'm in Oviedo just down the road from you. I would have offered to look at it before but I'm rarely in town due to work.

Bryan

Last edited:
hey bryan and richard, sorry i missed your calls richard, yea i dont have voicemail for some reason. i have a local number at my apartment. 407-362-3672 and that has a mail box that i check. me and mike met up the other day and took a look at the brakes and my misalligned cam sensor. he didnt have any tools cause they were in storage, but he is getting them out. the car is drivable, but that calaper is almost fully stuck on the rotor and it stops like crap and grinds the whole time. i havent driven it at all, just to mikes house and back. im free everyday except tuesdays. just give me a call whenever you guys want to meet up. brian p.s bryan if you dont have my cell its 352-584-0232

Brian....You get those brakes fixed yet? If not give me a call tomorrow at the office (407-330-2800). I'll be free tomorrow night(Monday) if you want to bring it over so we can have a looksie! Just finished my brakes Thurday night and boy what a difference.

Bryan

well actually tonight the brakes totaly went out, the antilock light came on and they are hard as a rock. i had to leave it at ucf were i am going to have it towed. i have no clue where to have it toed to yet though. i was hoping to maybe get a hold of mike tommrow and see if he has any ideas. im so s.o.l right now i cant believe it. im not sure how it went from a possible frozen caliper to a complete brake failure. it has me puzzled. the brakes went out one time before just like this, but all it took was a new battery and they worked great. mike, richard or bryan please help me out. bryan you said you are free tomrorw night, do you know any place i can have a.a.a toe it to so we can work on it. or do you know of a good mechanic??? thanx amillion guys. brian

Brian...... Sorry to hear the SC is down. Maybe I can help. First off the hard pedal may be due to the ABS pump or the pump relay being bad. Did the ABS pump run constantly even when the key was in the off position? The ABS pump relay is the brown colored relay located in the engine compartment on the passenger rear shock tower. I could also be as simple as blown fuse. If this is the case the problem could be deeper rooted. Let me know if you want me to take a look before you have it towed. Call me at the office 407-330-2800.
Here is the name and location of the only shop I trust to do any work on my car. He is fully Ford trained and trustworthy.

The Ford Shoppe
9100 South Hwy 17/92
Maitland, Fl 32751
407-339-5585

The shop is only open Tuesday thru Saturday. Tell Alan (the owner) Bryan referred you.

Bryan

Last edited:
Man Brian, you should have come on over yesterday morning huh.... You might have just blown a breaker, can you hear the pump turn on when you turn the key on??

Call Bryan he has a real shop over there at his house and it's really closer to you... If you can't get hold of him call me back and I'll try to meet you over there this afternoon after work... I assume your in class this morning right??

RJ

Back