sc wiring

hellraiser6917

i am finishing my friends 53 chevy with a 95 sc engine and i cant figure out where all of the wire on the harness plug in on the engine. I need a real good wiring diagram. any help would be good. i have found a few things. buthere are no other plugs that are the same as the harnes and it is confusing also it may have been because i was tired but it was only 6 in the morning after a long night.:confused:

First I gotta ask if there are any pics of this project.

Next, if you go to the Helms website (it might be www.helminc.com, i dont remember for sure, it is probably in the link section of this website though) you can buy a full vehicle wiring schematic, generally about $15 I think.

A lot of us have them though if you have a specific question and need a quick answer, try to describe the connector (round, grey c onnector with three wires, located near the middle of the passenger side of the engine, a red with green stripe wire, a white wire, and a blue wire, for example) and we could try to find a match.

Yes, please post a few pictures of this project.

Have you tried to find a FORD Service manual on Ebay for a 95 Thunderbird, it will have the SC engine in it. Can get one fairly cheap.

Calvin

Look below the box that you wright your post in and you will see a section called attach file, click that small browse button and a window will open that allows you to find the pic you want to post then click it.

PIN OUT AND WIRRING DONT CHANGE IT THINK.. MAYBE MORE SENSORS OR IN DIFFERNT PLACES OTHER THAN THAT SHOULD BE THE SAME....

You didn't give pin outs. And yes, they could change. Certainly some connectors will have changed. The Coolant overflow tank is in a different location in the later models, and the ABS control system is in a different location. Not to mention the engine is shifted towards the drivers side a bit more.

I wouldn't rely on the 89-92 information for something so complex when the 95 info should be available with a little digging.

Too late for me but you guys might be able to take advantage of it....I saw on ebay a couple of nights ago advertising a cd-rom of all the manuals for any year of SC for around 15 bucks. You might want to check it out. But, if you need another 1995 diagram like the one above, I have the helms manual and can scan it in. Let me know....

Back