Subframe connectors for the SC?

dklitzke

All,
Does anyone know if there are subframe connectors available for the SC? I vagely remember a thread a while back that mentioned Kenny Brown as a source. Can anyoneconfirm this? I really want to shore up my suspension. My car has 91k on it and it squeaks and rattled like a piece of junk. Of course, it has been hammered in a wreck sometime in its past before I owned it. Anyway, I'm sure that subframe connectors will contribute to an overall improved ride and quality, along with the stuff below.

I plan to redo the suspension to include dropping the IRS subframe and having the MN-12 recommended welding done to it, new polyurthane bushings, new stock springs, new IRS frame bushings, new Konis, and I am going to disable and scrap the ARC system. From what I have read, the Konis are the best way to go. The Illumina IIs don't last more than 15-30k according to numerous posts on this and the TCC0A site.

Any other suggestions?

Don Klitzke
Prospect, TN

1995 SC, auto, Apten chip, 5% overdrive pulley, SCP exhaust, coated Kooks headers, crossdrilled rotors/carbon fiber pads.

Kenny Brown at one time made a STB (shock tower brace), FSSB (front suspension support brace) and LECB (lower engine cradle brace). They do not make any subframe connectors for Thunderbirds that I have seen.

If you frequent the TCCoA you have probably heard of Johnny Langton (sp). He makes all of the above components and also makes his own subframe connectors. Recently, he posted this link on TCCoA to pictures of those parts:

http://members.tccoa.com/jl1997bird/Chassis/

I'm sure you can find his contact information on TCCoA.

Bilstein also makes great shocks for our cars. They do not require cutting up an old shock for the lower mount like the Koni cartridges.

Back