looking for crowl hood found on ebay

lostsoul74

Hey guys, last week I found a crowl hood for the 94-95 and the 96-97 for $270 on ebay, witht the option to buy now from a company in Texas, it's not there any more, does anyone know who this company was, please get back to me, or if you have any bookmarks on cheap custom hoods you've found. thanks guys.

also any bookmarks on cheap headlights for either years would be appreciated, thanks guys. Got to beat 170 bucks.

i bought my cobra r hood for my 91 super coupe from mustanghoods in texas.they say it's ready to primer and paint but it's not.it's a great looking hood and i get alot of compliments on it and my paint job.but i went thru hell trying to get the hindges to fit cuz it was so thick around that partbut i finally did.and also u have to get longer bolts cuz of the thickness.but i've heard there is no such thing as the perfect fiberglass hood.but it isn't a bad hood.i think ur talking about the same place i got my off ebay too.if u would like to see sum pics of mine let me know...

Last edited:
cobra r

i've got the same hood. i've also had problems with my hood, but like he said, there's no such thing as a perfect fiberglass hood. both hinges are very thick, and on one side, the hinge holes didn't line up with the holes on the hood. i'm yet to take care of the problem. right now it's on the car, but it's not fitted correctly. i'm gonna get my car painted soon, and the shop included the work to fit the hood, in the cost of the paint job. i'll attach a pic. the other issue that i'm having is that the length looks a little short on the nose. i haven't heard of anyone else complain about that, but i have heard most people complain about the hinge thickness, and the holes for the hood bolts not lining up. on a good note, they packaged mine great, and it only came with one small chip, and i've had friends that ordered theirs for mustangs, and they come chipped all over. even thought my hood has some bad things about it, if you want a cowl, i think this is the company to go with right now, just cause of the price. because everyone talks crap on all hood companies, except cervinis, but cervinis doesn't make a cobra r cowl(that i know of yet). hope this helps somewhat.

cobra r

i've got the same hood. i've also had problems with my hood, but like he said, there's no such thing as a perfect fiberglass hood. both hinges are very thick, and on one side, the hinge holes didn't line up with the holes on the hood. i'm yet to take care of the problem. right now it's on the car, but it's not fitted correctly. i'm gonna get my car painted soon, and the shop included the work to fit the hood, in the cost of the paint job. the other issue that i'm having is that the length looks a little short on the nose. i haven't heard of anyone else complain about that, but i have heard most people complain about the hinge thickness, and the holes for the hood bolts not lining up. on a good note, they packaged mine great, and it only came with one small chip, and i've had friends that ordered theirs for mustangs, and they come chipped all over. even thought my hood has some bad things about it, if you want a cowl, i think this is the company to go with right now, just cause of the price. because everyone talks crap on all hood companies, except cervinis, but cervinis doesn't make a cobra r cowl(that i know of yet). hope this helps somewhat.

sho taurus, can i see pics of your hood? if you want to email them, my email is kcampos42@aol.com
thanks, kris

mustanghoods does do a excellent packing job.i had no chips or damage to my hood.yes i will post some pics of my hood.but i'm at work right now.avator has one but u can't really see it.and yes my hood is a lil short too but i rimmed my hindge holes out that bolt to the car to move the whole hindge foward.i need to do a lil bit more rimming but it's ok for now.u can't really tell unless ur looking for it.i picked that hood cuz i knew i was painting it white with blue pearl and i figured that hood would bring out the pearl better than the mach hood cuz of the cowl part on the cobra r hood.

Air induction from lostsoul74

I have not received the induction system you were selling me. Please contact me at kenewagner @hotmail.com If you have not received my payment please E mail me

You guys with the cogra r hood.Is it open in the back, in front of the windsheild.
Did you notice if the hood let more air flow out of the engine bay.I so did you
notice any drop in temperature of the coolent guage.

Thanks RANDY

You get what you pay for.

Like Kris said, no bad mouthing Cervini's. Mine came with no chips, bolted right up, fitted easily, has a fully finished underside and nice mesh screen to keep out leaves, as it lets out engine heat. ;)

As far as real cost, I always thought labor (mine or other's) was worth something? Cheap isn't necesarily inexpensive.

Lee

Last edited:
cervini makes a great hood.they are probably the best in business.if they made a cobra r hood i would have bought from them but all they had was that mach 1 hood for t bird.and yes there are vents in the back of the cobra r hood to let air flow thru.temp difference...i can't tell but i'm sure there is some cuz air does flow thru and when u stop at a light u can see heat coming out the vents

Last edited:
JJanney,Thanks for the other thread info.I had been wanting to
buy the Cobra R hood to get my SC to run cooler.J ust go's to
show that commin sence and airflow don't allways mix.

thanks randy

Ditto the thanks.

Up here in the High Desert and adding a tranny cooler, it's gonna be a "must".

Lee

hmmmm it just seems the air flowing thru the raditor at highway speeds would be greater than the air on the vents on the back of a hood...and strongest air flow would move the lesser air flow so i don't really see how this would be possible.maybe that guy had air pockets in his cooling system.or some other problem.easy way to test this would tape a piece of string to back near vents and at highway speed see if string blows outwards or in.but i really think it's gonna blow outwards.

No problem :)

It would seem so, but like Randy said.

Randy & Connie said:
Just go's to show that commin sence and airflow don't allways mix.

I'd ask someone who already has the hood to test it out. Just my .02

Back