Road Race Training Sept 13 Motorsport Ranch DFW,TX

Doug Franklin

Meet/Race Training Sept 13 Motorsport Ranch DFW,TX

SCCoA has been invited by DFW-SHO Club who scheduled the Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX just outside Ft. Worth for a club day. We need 20-32 cars and drivers. Here is a link to MSR, club house and many improvements have been added in the last 3 years since this web page created: www.motorsportranch.com
Please read the e-mail below, as this is a deal. I am a member of MSR and run my own SCs here.:D

From MSRanch:
"Doug,

Here is a description of the thing we do called a "club day" that gets everyone some basic instruction and some track time. It is designed to accomodate even drivers who have never been on a track before or have limited experience:

The plan and times can be modified, but generally, a "club day" consists of a group of car/drivers that come out to visit MotorSport Ranch even during a member weekend - the minimum number we like to do is 20 cars, the maximum is 32. The cost is $95.00 per driver. There should be one driver per car, no sharing of cars. We allow passengers on the two "lead and follow" sessions, but not in the later sessions. Helmets are not required during the "lead and follow" sessions, but are required for the open sessions later. MotorSport Ranch has a supply of helmets for rent for $10.00 each. Each driver and passenger is required to sign the necessary insurance waiver.

Participants arrive before 1:00 p.m.
Beginning at about 1:00 p.m.
Intro and safety meeting
Lead and follow session #1
with pace cars
no helmets required
passengers allowed
Classroom session
Lead and follow session #2
with pace cars
no helmets required
passengers allowed
Classroom session

Beginning at about 5:00 p.m.
Break into two groups
more experienced
less experienced
Run two 25 minute sessions per group
no pace cars
helmets required
no passengers allowed
alternating sessions
up to 20 cars on the track at the same time
passing allowed only on the two longest straights
drive as fast as you feel comfortable with

Someone from the club is usually responsible for dealing with all the participants. It is highly recommended that the organizer of this event accept a non-refundable deposit (or payment in full) from the interested participants as a firm commitment of their intent to show up.

This program has proven to be a winning combination, is well structured, safe, and accommodates both the beginner and the more experienced drivers.

There is no problem having many cars and spectators show up, but we must limit the number of cars participating in the track sessions to 32.

Saturday seems to be the prefered day for a "club day" at the Ranch. As I look at the calendar for September, the only Saturday available right now is the 13th. Some Sundays would be available if you wish to do that.

Best regards,

Jack Farr" (owner MSR)

Guys I if we can do this I can give information on hotels, or for thoose needing to sleep bag it I do have some room at home. franklin@cowtown.net
Doug Franklin

Last edited:
MSR

Yea this is going to be a great event. There will be cars form the Lone Star SHO Club and the DFW chapter of the Lincoln LS Club. One of the members of the LS club will be there in his 02 T-bird. Don't be sorry you missed this event this price is a deal.

Once you go you will be hooked.

:cool:

The event is on / How to pay

The event is a sure thing now and on the MSR schedule for 9-13. We have 18 who paid so far. We can have as many as 32 cars so plenty of room. You can drive anything you bring. We did not invite the local Mustang club because they fill up the class and Don wanted to leave room for us "other" Fords. But if you own a Stang or anything else and want to drive it that is fine.

I took my stock 90 AOD SC out this Saturday and had a blast. Never overheated. I have only driven manual trannies in the past but AOD worked very well and I put in some decent laps.:D

Guys these SHO folks do driving events 3-4 times a year, besides all the mods and car show stuff. At least this event is on a track and legal. Also some of us plan to head over the Tx Motor Speedway North of Ft. Worth for "Laps For Charity" the evening of the 13th. Cost is 25 for 3 laps in your car. Pay when you get there.

To pay for the Motorsport Ranch club day you can mail it or use PayPal.
I have an address to mail a check if you email me for it. franklin@cowtown.net

Murph's paypal account is murphymike@hotmail.com again Murph's paypal account number is his email address. The cost is $95. plus 3% paypal fee. = $97.85

This is all on the up and up and no one in SHO or at the track is making money. It only covers cost at the track and I know the track owner well. Cheapest deal around for this much track time and instruction.

Last edited:
Had the best time yet!

Wish more of you were there. Only other T-Bird was a spectator from TCCoA. I asked him to ride with me during the 2 lead and follow sessions. In open sessions I never got passed except when I pulled over for the owner of track to go by. Next time I beleive I will chalange him as he said the Lincolns were hard to pass in his lowered, better braked 'Stang GT. Lincoln LS is quick and balanced. I did not have enough time to catch the one I was gaining on. Guys these SCs are awesome. The SHO and LS is awesome. Overall no one had an advantage, except the owner who has over 7000 laps at this track. It was a very fun event!!!

I posted a new thread in the racing/track results forum.

Just posted some pics I barrowed from the SHO LS forum as well as a pic from the new fordbastards club on yahoo, after talking with Don. They are in the Racing/Track Results forum.

Back