Speed world tomorrow(aug. 15)

XR7Kurt

I'll be there if I get my check in the mail that should be here and if I can get a babysitter. So I won't know until after the mail arrives, maybe as late as 3:00.
I guess there's about a 10% chance I'll get to go.lol
If everything works out there will be a 100% chance!
Anyone else going to be there.

Kurt

After 7:30p.m. or a.m.?

I'm really starting to get that racing itch, so I might not wait for a babysitter. That makes my chances of going at about 50%.

Kurt

Kurt ran consistent 15's all night good job! His less than stock cougar is beating the hell out of my more than stock sc. and by the way Kurt thanks for the baby gear, me and the mrs really appreciate it thanks again!

Our best run of the night was Mike's first run of 16.1, thought the last run would have topped it but was a 16.4. To much wheel spin and still a new car to Mike. But had a llot of fun.:D

Griffin Performance Radiator
SCP 2.5 Cat-back exhaust
lessonintorque,
You asked me last night what Mike's car had in it when we bought it, here is the list. All we have done is added a Crank Sensor, New Headlights with Clear corners and have a set of White face Gauges that still have to be installed. The B&M Ripper came with the car but is still in the box.

Magnaflow Resonator
Dynomax Super Turbo Mufflers
MN12 Cool Fan Switch
SVO 5% Supercharger Pulley
Magnecor 8.5mm plug wires
Pro M 77mm MAFS
BBK 70mm Throttle Body
B&M Ripper
Jet Hot (coated) long tube headers
Fel-Pro head gaskets with ARP Head bolts
Eibach 1 1/2" lowering springs
Addco 1 1/4" Rear sway bar with polyurethane bushings
Cadmium plated cross-drilled performance rotors with KVR carbon-fiber semi metallic brake pads
Cervini Ram Air Hood
LLumar Centaur Tint
Chrome Cobra R wheels (look alikes)
Xenon rear spoiler
JVC Stereo with 12 disc trunk mounted changer

Congrats guys, wish I could have made it, momma and I had dinner plans with some friends... Would rather have been out there with you guys... :(

RJ

It was nice to meet you Flip and Mike, very nice car! Sorry we didn't get to talk more, I wasn't able to get that babysitter! I missed your last run, sounds like more spinning. Maybe you guys and Mike could have a burnout contest.lol

I would have liked to made one or two more runs, but I was pleased with the ones I had. The first one was 16.19@86.11mph. This was almost identical to the run I had a few weeks ago and the car was basically still hot from the drive there.

The next two runs were letting the car cool quite a bit and pushing it through the staging lanes. This helped quite a bit with the runs being 15.73@87.62mph and 15.72@87.44mph.

Looks like this might be a good car to win some bracket races with after all. My reaction times need a lot of improvement though: .806, .761 and .778. I might try deep staging next time to see what happens, maybe this car is a little slower reacting than what I used to race. More than likely it's just me though.
I might try a Wednesday next time to get a bunch of runs in.

Kurt

Kurt,
Was good to meet you also, need more time to talk. I think what Mike needs to do is to get an extra set of rims with some drag radials that he can put on before he goes out there. Have to find out what would be good to buy, any suggestions from anybody? I think if he could get the tires to bite he could get some great time.
Flip :D

Me and Flip/Dad were looking at these Nitto drag radials. I've heard some good things about them and read a few glowing reviews on stangnet.com (yes I know... mustangs... hiss) but was wondering if anyone had any experience with them on their sc's?

Mike

I know those are very popular tires. I've never used them. Try doing a search for that on the other forums, I'm sure it's been discussed here before, and check out what people think at the track next time you go. I don't think it matters what kind of car the tires are on to show wheather they're a good drag tire or not.

And I don't think Mustang is a dirty word. If it weren't Mustangs there would be three times as many Camaros!

Kurt

Careful folks, we don't want to offend our stanger people here, I think Bob Pringle used to race the things, before he got his bird and of course we know about the fire red 2003 Cobra in our group.. And of course Bryan's brother and his older fox body that's in perfect condition.. I darn sure wouldn't want to go against Bryan.... Of course I don't want to go against Kurt for crying out loud!!

Anyway, just my two cents today...

RJ

lol Kurt you have a very good point about the camaros. I've got no big problems with Mustangs, in fact a friend's going to look at a '66 up in Jacksonville today. I wouldn't want to take on most stangs either but for some reason the sc's tweak my interest more than the Mustang.

Mike

Drag Radials

I have a set of BFGoodrich drag radials on my bird and they work great. 255/50/16, that is the widest tire I was told that would fit. I run 14lbs of pressure in them and get 2.0 60 foots. With my other tires I was getting 2.4/2.5 60 foots. Most of the time, off the line is the only part of the race I win. 14.633 my best time.

My car is an auto, with 3:73: gears 10% pulley, home made cold air intake, 70 bucks total with 60 dollar k&n filter, intercooler fan I got at the junkyard. Redone my exhaust, and the drag radials. Which probably helped me the most. The low 14.6 time I ran was in 50 degree weather which is great for our cars, in this summer time weather I will run consistent 14'8s 14.6 @ 93.70

Back