Power Master 200 Amp Alternator Install Tech info

SuperCoupeSC91

I bought it from summit racing a 2 week special order i received it yesterday, i went to put it in today, it has a 5 rib pulley i needed a 7, so i was mad i had to use my old one, i called summut they called Power Master and they said its the most comonly used pulley for that alternator, then i went to put it in, already a little mad that i had a nice new pulley i couldnt use and had to use my old one after paying 390 + shipping, then the next bad thing happened, the dam thing didnt fit, so i broke out the dremel and went to town for a couple hours on my brackets i didnt want to touch the alternator after paying all that money...and then it fit, so afterall i was happy, read 14.75 volts on the alternator wire on the inner fender wall relay...So it took me like 4 hours with running around and waiting on the phone with summit, and had to go buy another metal carving tip for my dremel, i was kinda pissed for what i spent it didnt even fit. Just thought i'd share my kinda bad experience with it, but in the end i am happy.

(have pics alternator + install mods at website listed below)
look in the folder "Super Coupe Custom Mods"
http://community.webshots.com/user/supercoupe

Tech Info

SummitRacing.com

Power Master 200 AMP Alternator

Mine was calabrated at 14.8 Volts

Numbers below are with Stock Pulley, Results will change with other pulleys

Output Idle Amps is 141 A (2400 RPMs)

Output @ Highway Speed 222 A (5000 RPMs)

Part Number "PWM 47760" from Summit Racing

Part Number "47760" from Power Master

yeah NP, my brother mentioned to me like a few years ago he's kinda my mechanic on big things, but he once told me
"Nothing Aftermarket Fits perfect theres always some modification to do i dont care what it is" hes right most of the time...hehe...Alex LaChance

my alternator read 14.75 on the inside fender relay wire at idle. but i have new news, i called Power Master, and spoke to the tech guy and he said my alternator was listed for my car in the old catalog and they will take it out soon, he said i could use it, and i had to do some mods as my pic shows, but now i have a battery light on, i'm wondering why the hell this is on? i remember though i beleive it read 14.5 about a year ago my old one, i dont know, i have a new stinger 0 gauge amp wiring kit used as my battery relocation and a new yellow optima dual post battery and now a 200 Amp Power Master alternator..i'll have to check a couple things tomorrow i guess..

You must need alot of entertainment devices in your car to go to this extreme. Is there something on Summits site I can go look at, maybe I'll get some ideas.
What are you trying to acheive by using this alternator?

i want to go strickly racing, i heard its good to have a bigger alternator anyways, and this on is the only one i could find,and also i have a bad habbit of wanting the biggest and best of things..

just ordered more gauges last night 470$, my electric 160 mph speedo, electric boost gauge, volts gauge, and fuel level, i need one more gauge and i'll have 11 gauges, the last one i need now is the electric nitrous gauge, but i wont have nitrous for a little while...dam 2 1/16 gauge is like 220.00, i cant want to get my gauges and put them all in, will take pics and post them later..i need someone to buy my Tri-pod, i'm so suprised it hasnt sold yet.. i seen some kid on the berlin turn pike in a white supercoupe with a dual pod and i asked him if he wanted my tri-pod and he didnt want a tripple because he just installed dual..also offered my mechanical boost gauge with T-connector and he already had one...

Well an alternator any bigger than the stock one will not help you one little bit. If youre going stricktly racing you dont need anything else, the stock unit is already one of Fords largest and it has plenty of juice.

If youre going strictly racing why are you using a stereo amp wiring kit?:confused:
Most racers try to get rid of useless weight instead of add it.

1. using under drive pulleys produces less output from alternator due to less spinning, so i have a higher amp alternator to make up the difference and more for when i put underdrive pulleys..
2. my Stinger 0 gauge amp wiring kit is used for my battery relocation to my trunk with my optima battery...
i have picks of the battery install here in
"1991 Thunderbird SC custom"

You have an awesome car, performance wise, BUT why the hell did you do your interior like that?!?!?! That is the GAYEST looking interior I have ever seen! Why YELLOW? And why that silly wing? I hope you don't take offence to this, but someone had to let you know how "Riced out" your poor T-Bird has been. Like I said, I really like all the performance mods you have done, just a little sad to see a riced out SC.

Well now thats not very nice!:( If thats what he likes, so be it.
It is his car and his money. I dont agree with you, if you dont like it just dont say anything at all. You didnt have to make an issue out of it. I'm not painting mine yellow, But he likes the yellow accents and so be it.
He has done some gauge work that I'm very interested in but havent had the time to do the research on. He shared alot of usefull info with me on that subject that I will put to good use.
He never critisised me or what I may be planning just because it may not be what he was doing.
I really dont care what anybody does as long as it doesnt involve killing or hurting someone.
Lifes too short for that crap.:)

Re: ...

SuperCoupeSC91 said:
1. using under drive pulleys produces less output from alternator due to less spinning, so i have a higher amp alternator to make up the difference and more for when i put underdrive pulleys..
2. my Stinger 0 gauge amp wiring kit is used for my battery relocation to my trunk with my optima battery...
i have picks of the battery install here in
"1991 Thunderbird SC custom"
OK I understand the wiring kit now.;)

Sorry to bust up a thread, but I think its over anyway. I'm glad you think like that Mike, this is something I need to get off my chest for some reason. You can't judge other people, or morality, until it begins to hurt other people. Gay people have a right to be gay, because it doesn't hurt anyone. I don't think a church HAS to accept that they are married, but the goverment needs to change to name of the "marriage license" to a maybe "union license"?? Anyway, people are trying to make you decision this election year to be soley based on this issue, when they are just doing that to get your mind off the more important ones, like what Bush is doing in IRaq, good and bad.....among other.....Well anyone who actually reads this, thanks for listening.

Back