Boost guage reading

HSKR

What does everyone boost guage read when the car is off?? Mine reads 2lbs of boost with engine not running. Does the guage need to be replaced, or can I just move the needle?? Will this affect how my guage reads while driving?? Did a quick search, but found nothing pertaiing to my question.

mine reads zero i have read where people take the needles off when putting in white face guages its worth a try , but if you never had the needles off guage may be bad

They are the stock guage faces. I just bought the car, but don't see why any of the previous owners woudl have removed the needle.

Mine reads 2 on vac and its not even hooked to anything.
The stock gauges are junk. There really nothing more than idiot lights with needles, you cant depend on them or beleive them.

I have both an Autometer and the stock gauge they both are connected and read zero when the car is off. My stock gauge actually is fairly accurate but the auto meter is much easer to read. With the autometer you can tell exactly what psi you are pushing. With the stock you are guessing a bit because it’s hard to tell between 10 11 12 for example.

Back