Please help me everybody!

Hellraizer547

I just put a new battery in my car and she fired up with no problem. At a stop sign I did a little burnout and got major wheel hop. The car immediatly shut off. I pulled over and tryed to start it but it won't fire up. The starter is working perfectly and it is trying to start, but engine won't fire up. Did something get knocked loose, What could it be? Help quick please, I have a SC meet in 1 hour and 40 minutes...i'm screwed. Thanks guys.

Sergio

Reset the emergency fuel shutoff breaker in the trunk. Its on the drivers side inside the trunk just reset the button and you should be fine.

Your wheel hop was violent enough to fool it into thinking you had a wreck, so it shut the fuel pump off.

Does your upshift arrow stay lit when your cranking it over?
If it does, it's your crank position sensor.

Also, because of the wheel hop, I wonder if you might have jarred the reset button for your fuel pump. It's located in the trunk, driverside. Just something to check and eliminate.

Still need help. I reseted the fuel pump switch in the trunk. I popped it up then pushed it back down. I also disconnected it. One thing that is weird though, the upshift light is not going on, even when i'm trying to start it. I thought it usually did go on. How do i check the crank sensor? What else can i do to get this going? Peace.

Sergio

Test Fuel Pump to see if it turns on

I would turn the key to on posistion and listen for the fuel pump (A whirling sound coming from the gas tank or back seat area).

You SHOULD be able to hear the pump kick on (Only for a second or two). If not, then I think that you didn't reset the fuel shutoff correctly. Pushing that button on it may not work, for some reason it doesn't push in on mine.

OK, This is what was wrong. On my negitive side on the battery i have 2 connectors going off of it. Not all SCs have this. This 3rd negitive connector was circular. When i got the wheel hop it knocked this lose. This wire is connected infront of the battery under the hood bay frame. another weird thing is when my car usually runs normally and it is in acc. 2 mode it has both upshift and check gauge light. When this wire was disconnected it only have the check gauge light. Hope this informs some of you, Peace.

Sergio

Back