some 1 check ur volts 4 me

Brianas

some one check ur voltage 4 me when car is at idle and max ac and blower fan on high no other acc on
im gettin about 13-13.2 with a new battery
thanks Josh

never mind---thanks any way
I left the car running for about 30 min at max ac and max fan and the volts slowly dwindled down to about 12.2-- its those stupid underdrive pulleys--if I raise the rpms to about 1400-1500 the volts jump right up to 13.5
any one found a way around this problem with the underdrive alt pulley?
thanks Josh

Thats why I dont recomend underdrive pulley's on street engines.
And why on earth would anybody want to slow down the water pump on a car that barely cools itself enough when its stock is beyond me.
You will get 0 benafit using U/P on the street, in fact you are experiancing a down side to it.
Why do you use them?

The only sole reason I got the underdrive pulleys is because I got the bhj balancer and I needed a zero balance pulley for crank--the only thing I could get my hands on at the time was the march polished underdrive set. I tried using only the crank pulley but that left my belt way to long so I was forced to put the alt and water pulleys on also. of course they reassured me that the alt would still spin about the same speed --doubt it! if I could find a shorter belt I might b in business
thanks- Josh

Back