Iac Valve Thing A Majig...

darkstar_one

well i installed my new IAC valve thingy and when i burn out the idle stays above 1500 and doesnt come back down to 550.

i have to shut off the car and wait like 10 seconds and turn it off to get the idle back down to 550

Also there is like an air leak coming out of it. Can it be i didnt tighten it enough? I installed the new gasket and put some of that CREAT A GASKET liquid on both sides of it. Well i dont know if i didnt tighten it enough. As i was tighten it the part of the gasket that was sticking out of the IAC started to bend up.

Did i tighten it enough or does it need more tighten it. Or do i need to get a new gasket and re do it or what?

well its like a sealant... in other words like glue. u can create gaskets or seal a leak for a short period of time.

Jeez man I need to know more than thingy's and stuff. Give me the name of it and brand.
You should never put any of that stuff on sensors.
If you put the wrong stuff on there you can ruin every sensor in the system.

ok check it out... as i opened the box with the IAC sensor. it came with a gasket. I added some gasket glue to hold it in place and make sure it seals it up just right. well i dont know if i didnt tighten it enough because i can hear an air leak coming out of it. does it need to be extra tight or what?

OK man I'll do the best I can then.
No you dont have to tighten it down like a lug nut to get it to seal.
You have put some stuff on there that got sucked into the valve and is sticking it open a little. But I'm just geussing because I dont know what you put on there and how long after you put it on that you started the engine. So I dont know!

If you did suck this stuff into the valve you would hear a hissing as the air rush's into the spot where the sealant used to be.

I'd pull it back off and clean all that stuff off and reinstall it with a GOOD gasket DRY no sealants.

Why didnt you just say Permatex aviation gasket maker? I know what that is, I use it myself on SOME things.
Loosen your bolts and make sure the IAC is lined up properly then snug the bolts by hand and then tighten evenly with a wrench. Dont overtighten it that part is plastic and you could warp it causing a leak. From the sounds of your first post you tightened it too much, just try reinstalling it.

alrighty then... well come on u could of guessed what it was... i mean i said CREAT A GASKET kinda giving it away dont u think.. well i will reintsall it thanx for u help

Well I suspected a Permatex product but I try not to assume too much........besides everything permatex makes has that phrase in it or something close...LOL!!!:)

Dude, Why gasket sealer on a sensor? Unless you have a tweaked mounting surface or something. That bottom IAC bolt is a buger to get in STRAIGHT, so I usualy pull the #2 injector wire out of the way. If the bolt goes in at angle you will break the TB like I did.

That is what the gasket is for. Buy a new gasket, only $3 and reinstall it without any sealer. Make sure you didn't suck any inside. If you did, DO NOT SPRAY CLEANER INSIDE THE IAC VALVE!!!!!! There are two of us that have learned the hard way!!...thanks to Mike38.

Back