Let there be light.

Wicked SC

Hey, fellas. My instrument panel dimmer switch stopped working in my '95 SC... sort of. You see, when I turn on my headlights, the instrument cluster does't light up (only the bottom portion that shows the seat belt warning, the brake warning, the abs warning, etc). Anyways, the gauges don't light up at all. The rotating dimmer switch doesn't work. However, if I turn it all the way up, the dome light DOES come on. Any suggestions? :confused:

hey man.. i have the same problem on my '91 SC. My auto lights work except the gauges. If i turn it Counter Clockwise when it gets kinda hard before it clicks to turn on the domelights my gauges light on but not the dome light. Well i use a piece of cardboard paper to hold the GAUGE LIT thingy in place. dont know if u have the same problem. I wanna super glue it to stay there but i have some INDIGLOWS coming in so ima just wait. hope it helps. Nothing is wrong with a STOCK SC. mighty fast. i should know. no mods yet either on mine.

The spring that's used as a rheostat probably broke. Mine did the same thing. Just have to replace the switch. When you click it full on for interior lights there's a seperate contact for that. Also all the indicator lights are independent of the rheostat.

Back