wish me luck!

panic-mechanic

It's 6:30am. Today I am going to figure out why I can't open the driver's side door from the inside, install a turn signal switch, ($85.00 from Ford-ouch--forget the junkyard), change the oil, and try to fix the plastic tray that holds the amp in the trunk, it cracked and now the amp is just hanging there. The basketball in my trunk works great for holding it up so it doesn't break the rest of the way. So, knowing how my SC likes to frustrate me, any bets on how many of these things I accomplish? I've read the posts on the door and asked about the switch so you guys are a big help--I appreciate it. I'll report back later and let you know my progress. Jane

fun saturday

good luck man, after three weeks of bs my car is finally back on the road, such a good feeling to finally have her running again. I think you'll be in good shape if you get the oil changed and the turn signal switch today, sounds like the amp issue isn't too big of a problem, but good luck getting that back up in there as well.

AUGGGGHHHH

Well, the joke's on me. Accomplishing ONE repair on an SC is challenging. Why I thought I could do 4 is beyond me. First, I did get the door fixed. The pin fell out of the handle. Fairly easy fix. Forget the oil change and the amp holder, those are easy. My big challenge is the turn signal switch. As I said, I bought a new one, put it in (piece of cake) hooked the battery back up tried it, it made the same bizarre noise, and nothing happened. Nothing. Luckily I thought ahead and bought (what I thought at the time was) a flasher. $3.00. So I try to find the flasher under the dash. Couldn't find it. Have to look in my shop manual where the heck the flasher is. Well, after putting about 30 miles on my car trying to find a parts store with the right flasher, I find out it's a dealer item. What's up with that? So now, I have to wait till Monday. Hopefully, it's just the flasher. So now I'm stuck with a new switch, and no clue what the problem is. Is the flasher really a dealer item? Well, thanks for listening to me whine. And thanks for your help on the door.
Jane

I'm only 10 minutes away from you....do you have a flasher or a switch? Since the switch was brand new, I don't think it was that, but ya never know. If you have a flasher, I'll be right over!

yeah i do have both. will have to take them out of the car though first. the switch is not that good though i replaced it in my car with the one from the parts car. i also have the flasher. where under the dash is and i will pull it out

I'd be interested in the flasher. It's on the right hand side of the steering column. It doesn't look like a flasher. It's a 2 inch x 2 inch black box, looks like a relay. There is an electrical wiring connector in it. It's mounted on an L bracket. There is a clip that holds it onto the bracket, if you push the clip, it slides right off. It just slides down towards the floor. I had trouble finding it because I was looking for your typical flasher. Then I couldn't get the connector out. I would really appreciate it. If you want to email me direct instead of posting here it's janeh007@webtv.net
Thanks, Jane

If you need a flasher relay they are very hard to find from anyone but Ford.
Here is some information.

For Ford part number E80Y13350A
The identical Motorcraft part number is SF-585.
I found a web site that has this for $17.87.
It's a special order for them, ship in 10-15 days.

Here's the link

http://www.carparts.com/index.asp

Not a bad price, compared to $48.82 from Ford even if you have to wait.

I got one for my '90, and it is the correct one.

Back