Pressure Testing my 90SC

thewood

Ok I did the pressure test thing. Hooked an airline up to it with about 18psi and yes I hear a leak coming from around the blower but I'll be damed if I can find it. Got a bottle of soapy wanter to squrt around. Found a small leak at the Cruse controler lever, but there's not much I can do about that unless I replace the entire part. The leak sounds like it's coming from the blower bottem. Too may parts there to get a good view.

eeeeerrr

That hissing from behind the blower, how loud is it.....Im no expert but I pressure tested my 89 and fixed a couple minor leaks. After it was fixed there was still a quiet hissing sound from back around the intake plenum. As for that cruise controll arm leak.....im not sure if that will have any major effects or not. maybe someone else will know

Keith

Re: eeeeerrr

SCobsessed said:
That hissing from behind the blower, how loud is it.....Im no expert but I pressure tested my 89 and fixed a couple minor leaks. After it was fixed there was still a quiet hissing sound from back around the intake plenum. As for that cruise controll arm leak.....im not sure if that will have any major effects or not. maybe someone else will know

Keith

It was quite audible. Emptied my 5-gallon compressor in less then a minute. Is this normal?

thewood said:
Ok I did the pressure test thing. Hooked an airline up to it with about 18psi and yes I hear a leak coming from around the blower but I'll be damed if I can find it. Got a bottle of soapy wanter to squrt around. Found a small leak at the Cruse controler lever, but there's not much I can do about that unless I replace the entire part. The leak sounds like it's coming from the blower bottem. Too may parts there to get a good view.

What a dumb *** I am. The write up from the FAQ's says' "A slight hissing can be heard at the throttle-body as pressurized air leaks through it." So I guess I'm OK.

Back