AC_Has_ME_SHAKING

ponykilaSC

:confused:
Hello again, would anyone know why my car shakes so much when i come to a stop with the AC on?.Its been doing that lately, could it be because i also need new motor mounts,would that affect it in any way? One more thing, i think i need new shocks, my "FIRM RIDE" light stays on at all times. It did that all of a sudden.
All of your help is greatly appreciated, thanks for reading.

Yes Bad motor mounts will cause motor to bounce up and down making extra work for motor . The AC alone is already causing extra load on engine. It would be a good idea to fix those motor mounts. They will eventually bust in half and start beating aginst things in the engine compartment causing damage.

I wouldn’t drive it until you check those motor mounts. Mine wasn’t even making noise and it was starting to do serious damage. If you have to buy motor mounts, buy the aftermarket solid rubber ones. They are cheaper than the ones from Ford and they are better.

Good Luck

Drop EVERYTHING and go and change those engine mounts with solid rubber! And as far as the firm light always being on, I don't think you need new shocks. Make sure the selector switch is in the "automatic" position and then check all four of the sensors for proper installation. Either one is not properly installed, or you have a faulty sensor. I replaced my shocks with the aftermarket Tokico's because I was getting this annoying "thocking" sound out of the right rear shock. See if someone can scan in for you the troubleshooting procedures for the firm light being on.

Thanks

Hey thanks a lot for your help guys. By the way my car makes that thocking sound out the rear right, thats why i know i need the shocks as well, as for the switch i tried it on both auto and firm and it stays on. As for the motor mounts im going to do that ASAP, hopefully next weekend, thats my major concern.Thanks a lot for your info guys.

Back