a different Bird

ThunderDave

I'm finding out after having my 91 SC just 1 and 1/2 months, that they are a different bird from any other car. It had 197,000+ miles on it when I got it. The first thing to fix would be the AOD tranny. After only 2 days, I noticed it was slipping. $1,100 later, it's doing fine and had a B&M shift kit installed while they had it out. Next would be to fix the window problem. I had to run a new wire from the fuse box through the door to the switch for the drivers side window controls to work. Then I had to move the plastic pins in the window motor on the passenger side for it to work.

The ABS accumulator is bad and I've got to replace it soon. I've got a rattle in the front of the car that I haven't determined what is causing it. Maybe a shock absorber??? There's a leak in the AC system I've got to fix and get it recharged. So maybe the old saying "FORD- Fix Or Repair Daily" is not far from the truth. But I love this car and wouldn't trade it for another. Oh, it does have some goodies like K&N filter, rear spoiler and I just added some Flowmaster mufflers, which make it more fun to drive and make up for all the little things that go wrong. Super Coupes Rule!!!!

David / super91coupe

Wow, having to run that wire to the switch is kinda surprising but glad you fixed it. About the rattle in your frontend, it's highly likely the swaybar endlinks are worn. They're a common part that wears on these cars, the upper control arms also give out, the balljoint in them rattles, can't replace just the joint, gotta change the whole piece.

Good luck, glad you like the car!

'bird

A different bird

Hey, thanks for the ideas to my rattle. I'll check those things and see if I can narrow down where the noise is coming from.

Don't know about that power window. I checked the wire as it comes back into the car from the door and there was still no power going to the switch, so maybe somewhere in the door closing it got pinched and has a short in the wire. I felt it easier just to run another wire than try to get at that one to fix it.

I just had another probelm with things on the car not working, due to a bad ignition switch. I replaced the key cylinder, fixed the loose switch and let the computer reset and it's all working now.

So far, it seems there's plenty to do on the car to keep me busy. Never a dull moment.

David

Back