what kindof G's will an SC pull in a turn?

SCobsessed

My buddy asked me yesterday....."hey how does that car compare to yours" I thought he was kidding for a second...the car was a bmw Z4. Then I thought, youknow i bet that Z4 would be shocked and appauled at how god my Humongous car handels. But im wondering, what kindof G's will my stock SC pull on a skidpad with a good set of tires?

Keith

I'd be interested in this as well. My SC drives like a Go-Cart and think it would hold up pretty good considering it is such a big car with only a tiny little V6.

The stock skidpad #'s from Car & Driver , Moter Trend etc. were in and around .83-.84 g's

resized%20dec%2001%20low%20pro%20side.jpg

Too bad you can't count "kill's" based on beating someone cornering.
These cars are scary with how sticky they are in the turns.
I know one thing, the car will take a turn faster than I want to take it.
I can't count how many times I've pulled away from someone on an entrance or exit ramp. :)

well

I know the new 350Z pulls .88 G's on the skidpad....that ugly audi TT pulls .7something I bet a new mustang GT pulls .7 even.
SO if you look at that 350Z and think wow my SC will allmost keep with that in a turn....you get a pretty good idea how kick *** .84 g's is.
I wonder what a vet pulls?

C5 Corvette general specs:

Specifications
0-60 mph 4.8 sec
1/4-mile 13.3 sec @ 108.5 mph
60-0 braking 113 ft
Skidpad 0.91g's
600-ft skidpad 66.4 mph

C5 Zo6 specs;

Specifications
0-60 n/a
1/4-mile 12.60 sec @ 114 mph
60-0 braking n/a
Skidpad 1.03g's
600-ft slalom n/a

Skidpad is nice but the slalom is where you win money. The skidpad is great for those on ramps and offramps but slalom is real racing numbers.

I was watching a car comparison show on Speedvision with a list of cars such as...

2003 Cobra
Z06
Mosler Photon
Jaguar XK8
Benz E55 AMD

and a few others. But the most impressive of the list was the Mitsubishi Evo. It spanked the Cobra, Z06 and Photon in the slalom. It also pulls around a 4.2 on the 0-60 which if I remember correctly, beat the Cobra. The Photon won that catagory.

Back