Belden wires don't work!

MTTod

I don't know if anyone else tried NAPA Belden wires but they didn't work worth a crap on my 90.

Changed plugs and wires. Took it out and it ran so crappy I couldn't even spin the tires in the dirt! Checked everything and reseated the wires, no better. Put the old wires back on and it's ok. It idled fine just no power when you got on it.

Doesn't make a lot of sense to me but another lesson learned.

Get a set of Magnecor 8MM wires at a great price.
(This price is a year old so it may have changed).

Orange County Speed
(714) 526-5665
Magnecor part #6074
$62.70 a set.

Delivered to your house in 3 days.

Just saw another post in technical forum that says Orange County can't get the Magnecores anymore. I would never buy cheap wires from NAPA, AutoZone, or Pep Boys for use in a performance vehicle. Personally, I am using the Taylor 8MM Spiro Pro wires on my car and they seem to be working like they should. Havn't had them on very long though. You can get the full set for around $50.

I have always used Autozone's Bosch 8mm wires on my SC's and they have always performed very well. Plus they are lifetime Warranty.

yes

HSKR is right, i called and orange county speed told me they can no longer get them. I took his advice and got taylor wires from truckperformance.com delivered in 3 days also, and 50 bucks + 9 shipping like he said, they look real nice, and im sure they'll work out nicely too.
-damon

phew glad you told me bout the beldons i'm replacing my valve cover gaskets and i was gonna go ahead and change plugs and plug wires while that area is open on my bird. I was headed to get my plugs and plug wires yesterday from napa they just so happened to be belden when i called on phone luckily i waited an hour before i went to get them come to find out that when i got there power was out on that side of town and shut down the store

Back