radiator fan

mike94sc

Does anyone know where to get a replacement radiator fan in the chicago area? I've seen that others had luck finding one thru autozone or napa. I've tried both and neither have it nor can order it. Does anyone have the part number / brand if you found one somewhere besides the dealer.

What's up with these fans anyway? I've done a search on fan problems and found tons of hits. My fan stopped and the IRCM fuse is all burnt and so is the plug connecting to the fan!! I've been told that since the wires/fuse/plugs are burnt, the fan is sucking too much amperage. I have connected it direct to the battery and it did spin, but my mechanic still recommended replacing it. Any other suggestions..

Thanks,

Mike

Well since the fan still works I would try fixing all those messed up wire connections.
The fan does pull alot of current but the problem more than likely was weak connections. Weak connections will generate alot heat with that kind of current flowing through it and that heat is what burned those connectors.
My wire connection to my fuel pump inside the gas tank was loose like that. That wire and connector burned up and melted as a result.

Back