Keypad Access

Randle

The keypad on my driver side door is loose, and I want to fix it. The only problem is I dont know how to get access to it in order to do so? Also, I'm wondering if there is any kind of special glue you guys would recommend for it (since it has to withstand the four seasons) or would super glue work just fine?

repair

Best thing to do would be to get a new soft fiber type square gasket from Ford, take the interior trim panel off the door, remove the clip that holds the keypad in and carefully disconnect it from the wiring harness. Slide the wires through the opening on the new gasket, put it back in, and re-install the clip on it. You might even get a new clip, depending on the condition of your old one....

Thanks for the help, I'll work one that tonight hopefully. I contacted ford about it, and they gave me a parts price of $130 :eek: , a bit more than I was anticipating and a helluva lot more than I'm willing to pay. My only other question is would a keypad from a differant model Ford work with the SC's?. One like this?

If you can't source the gasket from Ford, you can likely make something yourself with some weather stripping from the local hardware store and a scissors.

gasket

I'm sure the $130 dollar price is for the whole keypad. I would think that even at Ford's inflated prices, the gasket would be less than $10.

As Mike said above me, scissors and some thin foam would be a good alternative. You could trim it up with a razor blade after you were done...but be careful with the finish.

My keypad is the same way...I think I'll try the foam...

Back