.520 too big ?

Damn Carlos, Im surprised! An expert engine builder not knowing some simple valve train geometry calculations....c'mon bro!

Alex:eek:

The stock springs are pushing their luck with the stock cam. I've seen them with as little as 60lbs seat pressure. Not sure on the coil bind height, but an aggressive cam would likely see valve float at about 4500rpm.

4500 if you're lucky!!! :p

Stock springs have about 80-85 PSI closed and 200-220 open. That's borderline accepted for a factory performance cam. Most cam grinders recommend in the neighborhood of 120-130 PSI closed and AT LEAST 300 PSI open for a performance cam.

Check this..... Crane Spring Tech

Ohh... and I'm betting 10 to 1 the stock springs would bind. Stock cams only .420"-.440" lift. I doubt there's .180" extra space from stock lift to performance cam + safety margin.

LOL. Oh im just asking because im selling my .520 cam. With school, work and my crack habbit i just dont have time to do this stuff.

Negro...you dont look ANYTHING like a crack head. You about as big as the Ruben dude from Americon Idol :D. Next time I offer to buy the cam from you, take my offer. Now I wouldnt buy it for more than FIVE DOLLA! :D

Alex

I'm with Dave!

Stock springs are garbage. When I got my heads into the shop, I originally intended on getting new springs to support the new cam. When I picked everything up, turns out I had 2 bowed springs. To make it a bigger kick to the sack, upon pulling my engine, I found a reman. eng. tag from ford. This had clarified my earlier thoughts and findings. Engine had less than 30K miles on it and prior to removal, only had a 180 stat and a k&n. Go figure, I know I drive agressively, but c'mon now. It also explains the tick I had at higher revs. Almost sounded like an exhaust leak. Anyways, figured I share my findings.

Back