Help, ABS are constently on

Hellraizer547

I just got home from a sort of rough night with my SC. I road her hard for about 10 minutes. When i got home i noticed my ABS assembely is constantly running and making a weird sound. My brakes did get hard on me 3 times already, where i couldn't brake. Everytime i would get on the brake it would show the yellow ABS light. I disconnected the battery for i won't ware out my ABS motor thingy. What is wrong with my car. Thanks guys, Peace

Sergio

ACCUMULATOR

Your accumulator is probably long gone. Install a new one, and a "Brown Pump Relay". The relay is also blown which is why the pump continues to cycle on even with the car off. The accumulator is about $110 from Prior Remanufactoring

Without going into details, replace the relay first. Then proceed to the accumulator which you will no doubt need anyway.

OK... try this...

In my case, my ABS pump wont cut ON unless I hot wire it... I've replaced the pressure switch, and the relay... What in the hell could it be? Thanks.

Fusible link? A Tan wire with a Yellow stripe goes to the relay from the fusible link. Look around the power distribution box just behind the battery. You should have +12V key off at the relay where that wire connects to it. Its pin#4 if they are numbered.

Can I have a little bit more info on how the relay pump looks like and where it is exactly. I can't find anything around the EEC test slot that is brown. Thanks guys, Peace.

Sergio

The relay is in the very back corner of the pass side engine compartment. It is a plastic box about 1 inch by 2.5 inches or so. (There are several in this area) It very well may say ABS only on it. It simply unclips, and then the new one clips in. I would post a pic, but my car is in town(Im 3 miles off shore on an island). Good luck,
Tom

Here's the best shot I have of it. You can just see the corner of the top of the relay in the pic.

Last edited:
Back