upgrade to 36lbs injectors

jsue1961

I have a stock 93 and looking into doing some upgrades finally. I would like to upgrade to 36 lbs injectors. Is it NECESSARY to upgrade my fuel pump as well? Key word is NECESSARY.

John

I have a set of 36's for sale..You can IM met at lostsoulnyc@hotmail.com..as for upgrades allyou need at that point is a recalibrated mass air for them..If your handy and doing it yourself a 255 or 190lph pump is a great investment as wellfor around 100$

To the Wheels?

When you say top 300 HP do you mean to the wheels? That seems a little much to me. The SC Gospel according to Dr Fred states that a 38# injector can support 378 flywheel horsepower. So what makes you think that the stock 30#ers could support 300 RWHP?

Upgrading to the 36's is a good intermediate step, especially if you are panning on doing blower upgrades. Buying a MAF to properly calibrate the larger injectors would be a good idea as well. I agree with both Andy and Damon, the fuel pump is a good upgrade as well, the 255LPH FI pumps can be had for around 100 dollars. If you ever upgrade further you will never need to worry about the fuel pump. Besides you stock 93 pump is probably getting tired.

J Rick, what kind of quarter times are you getting with that 268 RWHP beast? What Mods have you made to pull those kinds of numbers . . .

Dave

Hey Dave

30's are good for 300+ flywheel hp.Have seen several formulas in Super Ford etc. and they all say the same thing.However I do remember formula is different for 4,6,8,10 cylinders etc.For our cars 300 hp is a good #.At 5,200 rpm's my a/f ratio was 12.25:1 which is great.
Oh,you asked me about mods.Here's my list.

94/95 S-model
3/4 raised top
Pro-M 77
BBK 70mm TB
custom air box and ram air
89/93 SC pulley
180 thermostat
cool fan switch
IC fan
Hogged out xhaust manifolds
obsolete MN-12 Performance full xhaust
190 fuel pump

I think that's all the engine mods and that comes out to 305hp and 410 lb/ft considering a 15% loss.Oh, and I have never been to a dragstrip.I do some road racing in a track preped Viper,does that count?

Cool

You had it on a dyno? for the RWHP numbers I assume? That S model must really be working for you. And you are still using the 30# injecectors eh? But yeah according to the numbers with a stock FPR the 30#'ers will support 300 HP at the crank.

Dave

Last edited:
injectors

Yes I am still using the 30# stockers and my rear wheel #'s are SAE adjusted Dynojet #'s.Yes,this thing pulls like a _itch xcept in the summer when it feels like I threw out an anchor.I guess a better IC would fix that.

Back