supercharger oil

rrasor1

I have a ? about what type of oil I should be putting in the supercharger and if it needs to be changed at a certain milage?
Ford will not tell me any thing more than that I need to being it in and they will do it. The auto parts stores around here are lucky to remember to open the doors in the morning. Can anyone help???
:confused:

All the info shoudl be in the FAQ forum, or do a search. Buy the fluid from a GM dealer. Same stuff for half the price. Parts stores don't carry it I guess. From what I've read through doing searches, 100K it shoudl be changed, and shoudl be checked regualrly to ensure it isn't low.

yep, do a search there are a million posts on this topic. to remove the fluid, I used a big(horse) syringe and some clear tubing.

Eaton and Ford will say the oil doesn't need to be changed, just check it.

And that's about right. There are no combustable gasses in there to pollute the oil. But after 100,000 miles it wouldn't hurt to change it. There isn't a drain plug, only a fill port. You'll have to use a syringe or a pump to take the old oil out.

You can buy replacement SC oil at Ford for over $14.00 for 4floz or for about $7.00 for 4floz from a Pontiac Dealer. From Pontiac they put the same SC's on the Grand Prix GTP's and on Bonnevilles and some other GM family cars.

If you have a small airport close by, you can also try and score some #2380 Turbine oil for about $9.50 for a quart which ends up being about $1.18 for 4floz. A much better deal than Ford or GM. And to change it I think you need at least 8 or 16oz.

I picked up a can of #2380 Turbine oil at my local airport just the other day. They were real helpful and curious what I would do with only 1 can of oil. Interesting chatting with them.

Back