View Full Version : Quick Fuel Regulator Question

Thomas A
08-19-2003, 09:42 PM
This is on my '93 SC. I am wondering where the vac line that comes off the top of the stock fuel regulator hooks into? Thanks.


08-19-2003, 10:28 PM
That line must see both vacuum and boost pressure. It hooks into the back of the return plenum. Ford actually calls that piece the "air cooler to intake manifold adapter assembly." It is the part that goes from the lower IC tube to the intake manifold. Feel around behind and it should be sticking out straight towards the firewall. On my 89, the FPR line was a hard plastic line that had 2 90 degree rubber fittings on each end.

Duffy Floyd
08-19-2003, 10:29 PM
I believe it would hook onto one of the nipples on the backside of the inlet plenum. There are some differences though between the various years. Perhaps someone else can verify on that particular model year.

Thomas A
08-20-2003, 12:46 AM
Well that is why I was confused. On my 1990, it hooks into a line that runs off back towards the master cylinder. I don't think my '93 does that. I had it all apart and thought maybe I had hooked it up wrong since it was different on the 1990. I have it hooked to the intake adapter right now.


David Neibert
08-20-2003, 11:35 AM

So long as it's hooked to the intake manifold adaptor it will work fine. There it will get a boost and vacuum signal, if on the intake plenum side it will only get a vacuum signal and won't allow the regulator to increase fuel pressure with the boost.


ben m
08-20-2003, 01:52 PM
is there an adjustable unit that is a direct bolt-on? thanks.