Drive back home

• Thread starter 92rollingthunder
  • Start date

92rollingthunder

it was not bad thanks every one for sticking by me as long as they could
the worst part was going up the hill with out the boost but i got home ok
i just hope i will never have to drive again in 80degrees weather with my heat on it sucks
i hope rest of you guys got home allright
Marcin

Glad to hear you made it home ok I had Don call and check up on you.
I made it home also I developed a miss under boost in NJ and had to baby it even more than I was to get home.
I had a great time it's nice to put a face on the names FINALY.
Thanks to anybody that voted for my car somehow I got second place for 91-93 SC's, Pdiddy was pissed.

p.s. Watch out for foam coolers.

Hey Marcin, glad you made it! Good luck when you bring it back to the shop that did the hg job, I hope they do right by you. Hopefully it won't be long before we hear the sound of your exhaust at boost from miles away! :p

WHAT THE HELL JOE..........

We have corrupted you!!!!!!!!! When we met you, you were just a newbie to SC's now look at your profile at the end of your post.........WOW......!!!!!!!

Great to see were all having fun with our cars.

Don

Re: WHAT THE HELL JOE..........

Glad to hear Marcin, I was worried about you because I have done that drive myself (limped home on leaking HG's). Good luck. Nice to meet all of you guys. Some nice cars. Don, next time we'll try to find a place you can give me a ride where you can accelerate for more than 60 feet and flat ground. I did forget to get an opinion on my connecting rods but oh well, I'll remember next time. Don, you asked about the ramps. They were Rhio Ramps and are available at many auto parts stores. They are outrageously sturdy construction, I think if you overloaded them they'd go through the parking lot before they failed and they don't scratch the underside of the bumper cover. Oh, and on dry pavement I've been able to get up on them unassisted everytime. Thanks guys for making me feel like I was among friends instead of strangers.

Joe, Mod fever is good, just do it in the right order.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Yes Don, I've come a long way in the past three months, further in that short time than the first seven years I've owned the car!!

Adam, pleasure meeting you, hope your drive home was smooth. Oh, and if you were referring to doing the exhaust in your advice to do mods in the right order - it was the first thing I did but I forgot to include it before...

Can't wait till Carlisle 2003! :D

Later,
Joe

Actually no, I wasn't referring to exhaust by my right order comment, I was referring to myself going too far on mods while keeping stock injectors and fuel pump. I detonated fiercely and damaged two connecting rods, bearings, and my crankshaft among other things. I think you had mentioned the exhaust to me and my subconscious included it in your mod list.

I think the SC community is bad about saying so much about exhaust but little about fuel as far as power and boost levels are concerned.

Adam Mullen
The SC Kid

Back