Installing Headers?

SC UL8R1990

Hey guys just got my SC and i know how important it is to get the exhaust system flowing :D Are kooks headers worth the money on the SC? are they a big improvement? Im also going to be putting on the SCP cat-back to back those up (and high flo cats). Does an SC sound different with headers?

Basically should i spend the extra money to get the kooks headers or should i just get a nice cat-back? or both?

keep in mind ill be doing alot of bolt on modifications to my sc. So i want her ready for the added power.

Anyways....ive got basic mechanical knowledge of cars and a wide range of tools along with air compressor and such. Will i be able to install headers myself?

thanks alot guys and gals
walter

Are kooks headers worth the money on the SC? IMO, no.

are they a big improvement? Anything over stock manifolds is an improvement, if you have the mods to accommodate them.

Does an SC sound different with headers? Somewhat...

Basically should i spend the extra money to get the kooks headers or should i just get a nice cat-back? or both? IMO again, get a nice cat-back, get your stock manifolds ported and downtubes by Tbird88, or go for a set of V6 Mustang shorty headers (requires simple modification).

Will i be able to install headers myself? Yes, if you're adventurous with jack stands, but if you have a lift, it would be easier.

Back