indiglow guage install questions

sunny627

I know I could figure it out, if I have time, but moving soon.

what are the best wires to use, while installing the white face indiglow guages.. The guages from procarparts.com

any help will be greatly appreaciated

thanks
ryan

If you're talking about what power source to use, I'd use the parking lamp hot wire. It's located on the back of the headlamp switch.

PARKING LAMP WIRES GO TO 'A' AND 'R' ON THE DIAGRAM ATTACHED. I forgot which one is the positive wire. I'm sure you'll figure it out, after checking.

Attachments

• headlamp connector.gif
    headlamp connector.gif
    3.3 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
let me know if you have any luck doing that. mine blew out after 10 minutes when i hooked up to the parking lamps.

Mine were installed this way, and never blew out. The key is making sure you're not shorting out the hot wire w/ anything else, and that you have a good ground. Also, make sure the wires to the gauges are not fraid. Use electrical tape on any exposed leads or wiring.

NMxr7SC said:
let me know if you have any luck doing that. mine blew out after 10 minutes when i hooked up to the parking lamps.

If none of the connections or wires shorted out, you probably had a defective transformer. Contact Procarparts.com, and ask for an RMA exchange.

well, i think it's a bad transformer. is this something i can get at radio shack? i've had bad luck with procarparts. their customer service sucks. they sent the wrong gauges the first time. then it was like pulling teeth just to get the right ones sent to me. i know how to wire stuff so if i can get a new transformer, that would be better.

hey check out my THREAD and see my pics on how i did it. So far it seems to work. No extra energy draw.

my THREAD is "Headlight Power Cable For Gauges"

darkstar_one said:
hey check out my THREAD and see my pics on how i did it. So far it seems to work. No extra energy draw.

my THREAD is "Headlight Power Cable For Gauges"
Someone can tell my why my Tach is sticking now that i installed my Indeglo guages>? I bought the car i should say with them on, id like to put the speedo one on, but i cannot because i dont know how to do it, someone wanne help me out

darkstar_one said:
ur tach is sticking out? how?
not sticking out, the needle is catching on something its not smooth, i dont know why, im going to check it out today and try and install the speedo guage.

Back