Headlight Power Cable For Gauges

darkstar_one

any one know where i can tap into so my INDIGLOs will turn on when the AUTO HEADLIGHTS turn on? any drawings or something?

There is a relay that comes off the AutoLamp circuit and has a Tan with White stripe wire. It hooks into Connector 124 behind the LH side of the dash. That goes to the parking lights and should work for you.

Hopefully someone can explain it better as I'm just looking at a wiring diagram that is very complex.

be careful what you tap into. i bought the same gauges a couple weeks ago. i tapped into my parking lights and they worked great for about 10 minutes. then the gauges blew out. i don't know what the deal was. it wasn't the fuse. i even tried wiring a new in line fuse to it and tried any wire that tested hot with the lights on. they are toast. i just ordered the other kind that don't have the wires. my ground was good too, so i think something went wrong with the gauges. let me know if you are successful. btw, they look pretty sweet when they are working. good luck.

this is were i tapped into to get my GAUGES to work. When the AUTOLAMPS turn on it will turn on the GAUGEs!

Attachments

• im003156.jpg
    im003156.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 105
they look identical to mine except the red needles. i did mine in flourescent orange. did you also paint the black bezel around the gauges? mine was gray and i painted it satin black. it looks just like yours . that was a nice touch. i get my non powered gauges next tues. i will get pics if i can. i didn't try tapping into the autolamps. maybe i will try that out. thanks

i just tried the way you have yours wired and they don't work. i think mine have a blown transformer.

hey well i tapped the positve line to a BROWN wire on one edge of the 4 CABLEs and the NEGATIVE on a BLACK cable on the opposite edge of the 4 cables. When u turn on the headlights by pulling the KNOB manually the they turn on and ur TRANSFORMER makes a eeerie sound like a high frequency wave but not that loud. Well its not even night time here and im waiting for the damn sun to go down to see if it will turn on when the HEADLIGHTS turn on by themselves. hopefully it does. wish me luck ;)

By the way my car came with the GAUGE thingy black already. i didnt have to paint it.

Also. I dont tap any HIGH wattage cables. Im very carefull about that i check the thickness of the wire. Cuz of course the fatter the wire the higher the wattage.

Back