Learn about EEC-IV and Fuel Injection!

A copy of this post and link has been put in the FAQ forum for future reference.

Wow Mike!
A lot more info here than my $27 Haynes Manual. Very detailed with pictures too. This will help very much.
Thanks for the link!

Mike38sc, or anyone else for that matter. Has anyone tried the method for pulling codes using the STI (Self Test Input) as shown on the web page. I have been trying to get it to work but i cant. The STI has 2 inputs, and im not sure what one if both to connect to the negative batt. terminal. Connect one of the inputs and then ground the other? Connect both? Call me slow but the web page does not go into detail. Im not bad with a wrench on me SC but i am illiterate to the electrical aspect. Any help would be great. I need to find out why my ride is throwing codes and i have no code puller:( Thanks.

Just jump the STI to the signal return terminal with a piece of wire then get in the car and turn on the ignition switch. Things will then start happening.

Hey mike38sc

I did put a 1000amp battery in for the man. It made a big difference. Seriously I couldn't believe it. why do they only come with a 650 from the dealer. Is Someone just trying to sell me a battery. Why was it not a 1000 amp in the first place.

Mike, i still cant get it to work. My first problem may be that i am using speaker wire because i do not have any solid conductor laying around the house i am ging to grab some today. Also, should i connect the STI to the STO as shown on the diagram on the web page. Is that what you mean by signal return terminal. You def have me lost on this one, call me an idot but i am trying. Thanks

I've heard some people use a paperclip....or you can tear apart your wife's curling iron and use something from that....but seriously try a METAL paperclip.

PS Never use her paper nail files on your battery posts, she will hurt you!

OK in an attempt to better help some of you I'm trying to learn some better ways to comunicate with you....so bear with me.
If this works you will see what connection must be made to start pulling the codes. Hope this works.

Attachments

• eec test conn..jpg
    eec test conn..jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 120
Now i got it, the STI to the STO. I figured thats what it would be but the web page misled me. I thought the first part on there said if you have a check engine light to just connect the STI to the neg battery terminal and if you dont have the check engine light then use the STO, ohm meter etc.... Anyhow im at work now but i will give it a go when i get home and let you all now what dreaded codes come out of it.

Back