what temp does everyone run at

PilotYFZ

around town my seems fine and runs at the N of Normal but on the highway it will get up to the R is that normal or anything to worry about?

mine too

mine does, if im just idling at some stop lights for a while, it will go over "norm" and the fan kicks on, on the highway if cruising, it'll sit around the o and r. with AC on on the highway, since there's no fan that fast it runs all the way up to the m,
-damon

All yearround, even on the hottest Summer days, I'm running below "N" on the highways, and between "NO" during 'stop and go' traffic. I run a stock, 195 stat - no significant mods.

MN12 KID said:
All yearround, even on the hottest Summer days, I'm running below "N" on the highways, and between "NO" during 'stop and go' traffic. I run a stock, 195 stat - no significant mods.
Mine is the exact same.

My 92 has a 160 Hypertech Power-stat and the low speed fan mod. In town it runs around N or just below it. On the highway its up by the OR and w/ the A/C on it goes up to the M.

My 90 has no t-stat and the low speed fan mod. In town it goes just over the line and on the highway just shy of the N, and it has no A/C.

hey hey,

well since my IAC sensor burnt my transmission my car could not shift out of SECOND. I bought a new sensor. But the bad sensor had already done damage So basically my RPMS at 70MPH were around 4000 and man after like 7 MINUTES at 70MPH the NEEDLE went mad and was getting to the EXTREMELY HOT ZONE. Well after pulling out of the freeway and getting back home i ran inside and got a flash light and came back outside and heard a loud splash. My RADIATOR OVERFILL TANK was full of BOILING water and it OVERSPILLED almost all of it. First of all it did that because the IDIOT that owned the car before me never added COOLANT to it. He must of ALWAYS added WATER. Im guessing there was a 30 PERCENTAGE OF COOLANT and the OTHER 70 was just plain WATER.

darkstar_one said:
First of all it did that because the IDIOT that owned the car before me never added COOLANT to it. He must of ALWAYS added WATER. Im guessing there was a 30 PERCENTAGE OF COOLANT and the OTHER 70 was just plain WATER.

Actually, a 70/30 water/antifreeze mix is a good mixture for running cooler in the summer. Water dissapates heat faster and better than anti-freeze. Anti-freeze is used for lubrication of the water pump, it's anti-corrosion additives, and that fact that is raises boiling point and freezing point of water. If you were boiling over, then your engine got way to hot and it wouldn't have mattered how much coolant was in the system. You should have stopped when your guage first started getting close to redline.

darkstar_one said:
hey hey,

well since my IAC sensor burnt my transmission my car could not shift out of SECOND. I bought a new sensor. But the bad sensor had already done damage So basically my RPMS at 70MPH were around 4000 and man after like 7 MINUTES at 70MPH the NEEDLE went mad and was getting to the EXTREMELY HOT ZONE. Well after pulling out of the freeway and getting back home i ran inside and got a flash light and came back outside and heard a loud splash. My RADIATOR OVERFILL TANK was full of BOILING water and it OVERSPILLED almost all of it. First of all it did that because the IDIOT that owned the car before me never added COOLANT to it. He must of ALWAYS added WATER. Im guessing there was a 30 PERCENTAGE OF COOLANT and the OTHER 70 was just plain WATER.
Darkstar if you remember your tranny was so hot that when you pulled the dipstick it was smoking and so was the tranny fluid.
When you get the tranny fluid that hot it will cause the radiator to hot as well. Because the tranny cooler is in the rad, all the heat from your super hot tranny fluid was transfered to your cooling water. 70/30 is a good southern mix or good for summer in northern climates.

Sure you can! Summit racing sells them.
Take a look at the B&M stacked plate cooler, its a very good cooler.
The stacked plate design is much better than the tube fin types.
You can mount it in front of the radiator out of site. Might be a good idea to get a tranny oil temp gauge also so that if your overheating the tranny you will know before you do any damage.
They are easy to install as well.
I use both items.

Back