Intercooler Questions

kenewagner

I would like to custom fit a front mount intercooler and I have a few questions. I have seen many on line and have thought of installing one in front of the radiator and running both tubes through the empty hole where the old cooler is mounted. Would the new cooler be to much heat in front of the aircondition condenser ? Would their be a problem with running the pipeing on the same side? I would like to hear from someone who has done their own intercooler. I run a fabrication, repair shop so the welding and fabricating would not be a problem. I have a free flowing exhaust system and a new fresh air induction system on the way. I plan on a raised top on the super charger.

You might have problems running your tubes through that hole because the condenser covers it. If youre willing to change out the condenser for a shorter one your idea will work just fine!;)

I dont think I would care to go that far. Does anyone with a front mount cooler have good pictures as to how the pipeing is ran? The only pictures I have seen show one tube running across the front of the engine.

I am in the process of runing a front mount IC and the only place I could run the tubes other than the method I mentioned was to go under the rad support. That causes them to hang lower than I care for so I'm looking at the shorter condenser real hard.
One of these 2 methods is what I'm gonna do because the stock location renders the IC pretty useless. It makes absolutely no sense to mount it where Ford mounted it.

intercooler

I agree with the location of the stock intercooler being very inefficent and feel the front mount will make a lot of diffrence. I heard that some of the intercooler set ups for our SCs put the intercooler between the condenser and the radiator. How hard would it be to move the condenser out away from the radiator? I have not spent a lot of time studying the set up due to all the other work I am doing on the car

I toyed with that idea as well. You could make some brackets to move the condenser alittle further forward but its not near enough to clear the tubes.

Back