Lots of stuff causing loss of power...

MTTod

Well I'm finally making progress on getting my SC to perform like it should. Closer but not quite yet.

Let's see...

IC leaks
DIS overheating problems
bad plugs
bad wires
slipping SC belts
vac leaks
fuel filter clogged

On top of all that I couldn't figure out why it ran worse with new plugs and wires. Wires were crap so dug old ones out of the garbage. Still no better than when I started the job.

Drove it again today and it was pinging really bad. Found out my wife put regular unleaded in it. Filled it with premium and HEY! Now that's better!!

I'm kinda starting to like this tempermental beast :)

i have found that replacing motor mounts gives back a huge amount of power . when worn they make the knock sensor retard timing

Didn't see that one coming. When I was doing the plugs I saw that the driver's side mount was shot. The pass side looks ok though. Guess that's the next job.

Also when your motormounts are bad .The bottom of the oil pan
will lay aganst your power steering line and will ware the line into
and a hole in the oil pan.

And you need to remove motor to fix then.

randy

Ok well that moves the job up the priority list. I know I'm not leaking oil but I do think I've got a PS leak. That could be the issue.

I've read most of the posts about the snubber and think I'm going to weld a piece on there to shorten the travel. I did see that the rubber piece was gone on both sides.

Back