Octane Plug

rkahochoa

Could someone post a pic as to where the octane plug is exactly? Due to the gas crunch here in Az I had to fill up with reg unleded. I'm told I should pull the plug untill I burn the low octane gas. Thanx

Just curious, what exactly does the octane plug do? If you run lower octane, you ping correct? This can damage your engine, does this adjustment prevent the pinging? I don't see how? I have put lower octane in my car before on accident, but then added octane boost to be sure I wasn't creating a problem.

Any more insight on the philosophy behind this would be interesting.

Don't waste your money on Octane boost. It only add .1 to your octane. So insted of 89 octane you have 89.1 octane. Also, the picture shown doesn't show me much. I know where it should be, but there are a few connectors there. Any other pics?

rkahochoa said:
Don't waste your money on Octane boost. It only add .1 to your octane. So insted of 89 octane you have 89.1 octane. Also, the picture shown doesn't show me much. I know where it should be, but there are a few connectors there. Any other pics?
The plug is back by the firewall on the pssenger side.
Look for a connector with a black plastic plug in it. There are no wires on the plug. Just pull the plug and put where you wont loose it.

Mike-
Thanks for the info, retarding the timing makes sense. Didn't know about that plug at all. Next time I forget and put cheapo gas in it, I will know how to take care of it!

Back