Dumb Mechanic

SlushNaz

I went to go get my Oil Changed and when th guy came back and told me my car was done i asked him if he check my supercharger fluid and he said there was no fluid in my supercharger and it runs all off belts. I wanted to smack the guy but my car was at the mercy of him so i just decided to never go there again

Why not do it yourself and save money?? Also, I don't think I woudl let just any mechanic mess with my supercharger. The SC Fluid isn't really somethig that needs checked at oil changes, and even then, you have to go to a dealer to buy the SC fluid so it really wouldn't have done much good.

I Didn't ask him to change i just asked him if he checked it out, I was just curious.

Last edited:
Referring to the shop you took your car to. Sounds like one of those mechanics who talks out his As*! There are too many of them out there.

I changed my fluid. All oil eventually breaks down and should be changed. Even the best synthetic oil used in turbine engines. Your supercharger is no different.

Most C Techs at the auto shops are idiots - the ones who shouldn't be handling our cars. That's why it's wise to maintain your own car. I wonder where some of these ppl get their ASE Certifications - under the table, or online - hehe!!! Leave the A and B Tech stuff to the pros. Even certain B stuff, I'd rather do at home.

Last edited:
This type of issue with a tech is simply a human problem. You come to them for their expertise, and when you pose a question that they don't know the answer to, they assume you don't know either, so they feel confident enough to make something up. You get that from mechanics, plumbers, HVAC guys. It's just a human trait that only the better mechanics can overcome.

Those mechanics that feel confident in their abilties typically have no problem saying they don't know, and are more than willing to say they'll look it up and get back to you.

Ford says to check fluid every 30,000 but never to change.

yes

i was gonna say that to. i like it when people, especially mechanics, who can honestly say they dont know or are not sure about something... sometimes i want to do something simple like unplug a spark cable under my hood, and take it to a mechanic and tell him my car is driving really rough... just to see what he says.. "oh you need a new distributor and your wally maddidle needs to be replaced also."....
-damon

Re: yes

GREATWHITE666 said:
"oh you need a new distributor and your wally maddidle needs to be replaced also."....
-damon

lol.gif

Engine rebuild is one of the most difficult things you do because it really requires some expertise to do it right. Anyone can slap an engine together. But to do it right you need to know what you are doing, or have the assistance of someone that knows what they are doing.

If you are a patient person and have a good book, it can be done. But if you are not patient, skip it.

oh you need a new distributor and your wally maddidle needs to be replaced also.

Damon, Does the wally maddiddle come with free blinker fluid and muffler bearings?:D

I have to charge you for the muffler bearings, but the blinker fluid is indeed free. As for the bearings, i suggest going with the super glossy high metallic ones from the ABC. (Auto Bearings Center) You car should be ready by this afternoon, and we'll be ready to take it in again tomorrow, when your strudel doozy falls off.

-Damon

..we'll be ready to take it in again tomorrow, when your strudel doozy falls off..

Strudel Doozy? Hahaha! OFLMAO
Youre killing me Smalls!!!:D :D :D

That's where the mechanics come from....Bakery Shops!

Back