the race

what i would do...

What would i do if i lived newhere near there... I'd love to do that... maybe they'll have one on highway 1 up here sometime (hahaha i wish:( )

Yup.. that race is what I'm currently building my Tbird for..

Silver State, Pony Express, and eventually the Gumball 3000 (or whatever they decide to call it the year I do it :D ). I'm also building it to do a 200mph pass at Bonneville.

If all goes well, car will be ready for Silver State in 2005, with the other races to start following in 2006

would be fun, they don't let stock anything go on the race's, your car is inspected throughly for race standerds

Tell me about it.. I know it's for our safety, but damn.. if you want to build a car for more than one race, there's gotta be some duplication of safety items..

For example.. Silver State requires one driveshaft loop (you'd have to be retarded not to run one in the first place, but hey..).. Bonneville on the other hand, requires you to have 2. So to be compatible with both, I gotta install 2. No biggie, it's what's required for Bonneville anyway. In this case it isn't that bad. You pick the most stringent rule and abide by it.

Now, in terms of cages, I can't remember which races require which, but in one you require a cross bar across the middle of the door. The other requires a cross bar along the bottom of the door sill. So I gotta install BOTH to be able to run both races. In this case, you gotta duplicate both rules. They're mutually exclusive.

And it just keeps going.. fire suppressant systems, gas tanks/fuel cells, harnesses..

Oh well.. I'll have one hell of a safe car when I'm done :D

Yep, you've read the rules.

I'd love to run the Silver State myself, but that's more mod's than I'm willing to put into my street driver. Jimmy Demmit was talking about doing it, although I haven't heard anything lately.

Keep us updated on the progress.

Lee

Back