other peoples sc's

epconey

The other day i was out driving around and i saw another person drining a 89 sc. At that time my sc was broke down and i was in my friends 240sx. Anyway when i saw him i was pissed off. I think that i was mad that another person in my town has the same car as me. I want to be the only sc around here, you know. So I was just wondering if im crazy or do all of you react the same way?

there is 3 sc's in my town. And i think it is awesome to see sc's on the road. Rather than them being in junkyards and backyards. Although none are RED 90 spds ;)

chill out a bit, you should be happy he is keeping his on the road.

Yeah, you need to chill out. I get excited when I see other SCs around here. Not only is are they cool to see on the road, they usually have an interest in their car and it's nice to swap information. I would be embarassed to be around somebody that has the thought process you do
on a side note: I hate when I see people with spiked brown hair, why can't they get their own style of haircut:rolleyes:

Last edited:
What you are experiencing is Jealousy. Jealousy is a normal human emotion; however it is one of those that needs to be consciously controlled.. as it can lead to bad things.

A good way to do this is what the others have already indirectly implied. Try to think about possible benefits and good reasons that could result from having other people with Supercoupes in your town. For example;

This means there are others in your town with similar taste in cars whom you might be able to become friends with..

These people w/ Supercoupes might have already had some trouble with their cars that you might now be having or have in the future, and can contribute greatly to your fixing the problem..

They might have experience with improving or customizing their cars, and can refer you to good sources for supplies & service..

If you think about the fact that their and your SCs make up a very small percentage of cars even in your town, you may realize its neat to know only you and a select few others have 10+ year old cars that can still compete with many modern cars, as if you're in a clan. . Kind of like having a Jeep ;) . Of course, you would not want to induce arrogance with these thoughts as it can be bad too.

In any case, always try to avoid unwarranted negative thoughts against other people. You likely did not mean to do this, but those types of things are what lowers the quality of life for everyone in our society.

Oh; and welcome to the SCCOA epconey :)

I think you should chill out also. Like these guys said b4 me his is on the road still.. So just relax man. I would give the guys props at least he has a SC not no Honda.. So just relax and let it be. There are like 5 SC's that ride around here, Some of em even look better then mine but WHO CARES!!! Everyone has a right to drive what they want so let it be and dont get pissed over the stupid stuff. So if u sweat the small stuff, i'd hate to be around u then. Take care.

Jay

Every body is jealous at times.

But it's more fun to share.

One of my biggest fults,is when I am around a person that is jealous.
I will put 10 times more effort in what they are jealous of,to make it
even better. So I can see how many shades of colors I can get on there
face.

I kinda like jealous people it has given me the iniative to whip up
some nice custom pieces.

So I guess I am just as bad as you are just 180 in the other direction.

Here is a picture of my motor.And I will be driving through your town soon.
This is a old picture you should see the motor now.

And welcome to the SCCoA.
RANDY:D

Attachments

• notor.jpg
    notor.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 330
Last edited:
Hey Randy, I'll bet that motor is just a model and doesn't really run! If it does run it probably doesn't have enough power to push my car over 60!

Tell ya what... I'll be a nice guy and give you the chance to prove me wrong. I'll drive my car over there, you swap motors with me and we'll see how it does. ok? :D

Personally I think it's cool to see other SCs around here. There are 5 in this area counting mine.

Big and Blown said:
Good thing you have an SC and don't have a Taurus broke down at home...can you say therapy?lol

That's my sister right now. She's got an 89 Taurus and it's broke right now - won't run for some reason - so she's got my 'Bird. At the beginning of the week, she told me that she wasn't going to drive it unless she had to. But when I talked to her yesterday, she says that she loves driving my car and will hate to go back to her Taurus.

I try to wave at all the MN12's that I see. Sometimes they wave back, other times they don't. I love talking to other owners, whether they have intentions to mod it or leave it stock. It's always great to talk to them.

-Andy "Melon"

I really like to see another XR7 on the road. There's even less '89 & '90 XR7's than SC's. There is an '89 red XR7 5 spd less than a mile from my house. His is really beat. I like to drive by and talk to him to show him what his could look like:D

I like seeing them on the road too. Maybe because they're getting so rare. I feel like we're kind of "brothers" of a sort. I always give a thumbs-up, and we exchange big grins!

there are 5 with in a mile of me

5 close and another 15 in san bernardino a city of 99k not big but lots of sc,s around here I like seeing them ,

I talk to all I can and have also found about 6-7 fake sc,s around here too,

seems lx owners like to use sc rear bumper covers, but the 5 spd sc,s are not that common,
of the 25-30 sc,s around me san bernardino valley,
there is only three 5 spds and I own two of the three a 89 white 5 spd and my 92 black 5 spd .

I love seeing other sc,s and xr7s most owners are cool people,
dont be jealous be happy to have a sc brother near you though
its nice to own the only sc around ,
from a statis point of veiw but id take the company of another sc owner over any one of a kind status you may have in your town.

i enjoy seeing other scs'

i have 7 scs' of my own and i still enjoy seeing scs' drive down the road no matter what shape there in.
rob

I have 2 SC's of my own and I like to see other SC's around. Most of my friends have realized how rare and awesome these cars are and have bought one themselves. My girlfriend drives one and I drive the other. Till I fix her car...

Well I like these cars so much I have 3 now and a sc clone for winter use. I love to run into fellow Sc ers. I mostly run into 4.6
lx ers that dont know what a sc is. They look for the v8 badge and smile and say, you should have bought the v8. YA I say its just a 3.8. When we get to the next light I cant see anyone in the car anymore and I pull away smiling. :D

Always good to see another SC.
I was driving back from Carlisle yesterday and lo and behold there
were two SC's from NJ. (One was blue, one was yellow).
As they came up and passed, we honked horns and waved, then kind of leap-frogged down the road for awhile.
You never get to see what your car looks like when it's driving down the road. Damn they look good.

while driving down to the transmission shop the other night on the highway a red sc took an exit and i could tell they were checking out my wounded bird. I had to drive 30 miles in 2nd gear to get to the shop. :D

I guese i used the wrong word when i said pissed. To be more accurate i would say that i was disapointed that i was no longer one of a kind in my town. you know how it is everyone wants to thheir cars to stick out. Well anway i got over it in like 5 seconds and talked to him for a few minutes. I found out that we both had suffered from the same tranny problems. And i gave him a heads up on the starters tendency to rust to the tranny. MAny of you gave me a lame lecture just because you jumped to a colcusion that and missunderstood me. Heres some advice..... after reading a post think to yourself should i take this litteral. IM not trying to be a dick its just some advice.

Back