Kill : 1996 Talon Tsi

SC UL8R1990

NOTE: this thread does not encourage street racing and/or imply that street racing is safe.

well i got my first encounter with a 1996 talon tsi (he started it). From a light to light about 1/8 mile we went from a 10mph roll. By the next light(60-70mph) i had him by 1.5cars. I never redlined either.:) The driver wouldnt look at me but i yawned at his passenger friend who then laughed.....hehe.

if its one thing ive learned about racing that talon......it's that my rearview mirror needed a bit of windex;) :p :D

one of my sons buddies has one of these cars. he keeps on saying that he will kick some t bird butt, but i have never seen the car. it is always broke, so i have my doubts about an eagle's capabilitys. the car has been broke since early spring. also the kid has seen the supercoup run.

Eclipse GSX's and Talon TSI's run about 15.1 stock, wich isnt that impresive, but tiny mods to those cars and they will hit 13 with no problem

Like you said when they break the break hard, but they get real fast too. A guy Jose (think Spanish) runs 12.1 dumping is Talon AWD at 5K RPM. He's cool as hell though, he also has a built 88 5.0 T-bird.

My wife happens to drive a 1998 Eclipse GSX. The only modification is a K/N air intake. I always smoke her off the line... Regardless of which car I'm driving.

The Eclipse/Talon can consistently outrun my SC, but only if you are willing to plant the tach at 7,000 with the throttle down and pull the clutch out to match.... Maybe that's why I'm on the 2nd clutch.

0 - 60 aside, the SC is a much more manly car.

the awd on them makes for an excellent auto x or rally racer though, it's just that whole mitsu turbo thing I'm worried about even though I'd love to have an Evo. Like about any turbo car though, a few easy mods and it'll lay down some killer times.

But still, something about the idea of doing 90 on a dirt road while sideways intrigues me:D

Back