Driveshafts

Big and Blown

What's the advantange of a Mark VIII drivshaft for an SC, if any?

Anyone have any idea how much a set of Raxles half shafts might be for a 95 SC.

Thanks

Robert

Some of the MARKVII's have a 2pc driveshaft, stay away from 'em. :mad:

On your Raxle question, have you looked at their website?:confused:

'bird

Thanks for the info on the driveshafts, I was just curious why some people use them.

I looked at their site but couldn't find any apps. or prices. I figured someone might be able to give me a round about price.

Thanks Tbird88, you do nice work.

Robert

Most people get one because they're aluminum. If you just have to get one, make sure it's a 1pc shaft. Me, I don't trust 'em anymore than the MARKVII rearends (aluminum also).

Thanks for the compliment, you ain't seen nuthin' yet :)

'bird

Its definetely not a must have. And after what you've said... It'll be that much longer before I have a "need" for one.

And... if we haven't seen anything yet... I HATE secrets!:mad:

Robert

All 1993 and earlier model 1994 Mark VIII's had one-piece shafts. The only real advantge is wieght savings, but it's not that much really. I'd look for a nice aftermarket shaft from FSR or an MMX shaft. They make some really nice pieces.

Sadly, Raxles no longer offers half-shafts for the SC. They had some dispute with Ford and quite making them.

Thomas

Well that takes care of that! I have a long way to go before I have to start shedding a few pounds.

No more raxles! That was going to be a must have... anyone around that would compare?

Thanks Thomas

Robert

Back