Problem with IDLE

darkstar_one

hey,
how come when i step on it real fast i get an awesome boost but my CHECK ENGINE light comes on and my IDLE goes up. I come to a stop light and im idling at 2000 everytime it happens. So i basically turn off the engine and wait like 10 seconds and turn it back on and it IDLES normaly. This only happens when you step on the GAS real fast. How can i stop this? Is there a leak or something? Cuz my IAC is a brand new. Less than 3 days old.

IAC

Where did you purchase your IAC at? As I recall, the aftermarket units sold at places like Autozone are made wrong and thus fit backwards.

Acquire one from Ford.

hey man. i really dont have that much money to be going to a FORD DEALERSHIP and buy there over priced crap. Anyother ideas??/

ohh yeah also. i purchased this one at PEP BOYS and its made out of aluminum. Also i hear like a leak of air coming from it.

are u serious. damn damn damn. well i'll head to the junk yard and try to get one for free. Damn FORD and there monopolized technology.

Yes its true. Pretty common knowledge at this site.
Sorry for your problems. The IAC also must be from a SC no other Ford units work either. I dont know what you paid at Pep boys but the Ford unit can be bought for about $65.00

darkstar_one said:
are u serious. damn damn damn. well i'll head to the junk yard and try to get one for free. Damn FORD and there monopolized technology.
Its not Ford.. its the aftermarket manufacturers. They build a unit that has to be installed reversed from the original angle. Why??? Don't know. But the oil filler tube on the SC prevents this, so you either have to use a Motorcraft part, or one which has the bellows and is normally closed. If you use the wrong part (has a wire lead strapped to the case) the idle will race. Also, if you have a bad gasket or don't install the proper part where its sealed, the idle will race.

The check engine light means the EEC has a code to offer. ;) It could be something else other than the IAC. Vaccuum leaks after the throttle body and before the supercharger can cause this.

yeah well this motorcraft thing that dude said above? what is that? well ima try to replace the gasket and see if that will help. The check engine light comes on only when the idle freezes above 2000. When u turn the car off it goes away and the IDLE returns back to 650. So tell me about this MOTORCRAFT adapter. What is it?

Back