crazy factory alarm.

Jeremy_K

last night i had just parked and locked my car and i was walking up to my apartment then all of a sudden, flashing lights and my horn honking. i have a 90 xr7 and i don't know anything about this factory alarm. that's like the 3rd time it just went off like that. i know i have to unlock the door at the keypad to get it to stop. is there any way to either disable it or get it to set the proper way?

there might be a problem with your door closed sensor. Does the interior light every turn on by itself?

you can lock the door by pressing the lock button down on the door manually and then close the door. It'll be locked, and the alarm won't be armed. Only the electric lock button or keypad outside will arm the alarm.

i have never seen the light turn on by itself. is the door closed sensor something i can replace? i messed with the alarm today by arming it hitting the power lock button and closing the door. if i repeatedly lift up on the handle a few times, i got it to go off.

How are you arming it?
When you close your door, hit the last two buttons on the rightside of the keypad together at the same time.
This will lock and set the alarm.

you can lock the door by pressing the lock button down on the door manually and then close the door. It'll be locked, and the alarm won't be armed. Only the electric lock button or keypad outside will arm the alarm
I think it depends which year. The guy i got my 90 tbird off of didn't give us a keypad so we just press the lock button twice to arm it. If u press it once the alarm light flashes, twice it becomes a solid light for a little while... i hit it twice but other family members hit it once and still manage to set it off the next day, we have to start the car to turn off the alarm w.out the keypad... maybe they're different systems but who knows

well, this thing's just getting embarrassing. yesterday it went off after i parked and left it in walmart parking lot and again at my apartment. i know it is not working properly. if i lock the doors with the last 2 on the keypad, there is no alarm light and it does not go off. if i hit the lock button inside, close the door and walk away, it will go off within 30 seconds. i need to know what wire to yank cause i have enough problems to worry about with this car right now. anyone know what wire to yank?

Copied from previous post.

In the trunk, left side, remove a black pastic panel, behind it you will find the alarm module, which has two connectors in it. Remove one connector, if the car doesn't start, plug it back in and remove the other connector.

TBirdDriver said:
Copied from previous post.

In the trunk, left side, remove a black pastic panel, behind it you will find the alarm module, which has two connectors in it. Remove one connector, if the car doesn't start, plug it back in and remove the other connector.

This is exactly what I had to do to stop my alarm from going off every time I locked the doors.

on my 91 you had to use the keypad to lock the doors and set the alarm properly. If you used the electric button inside the alarm would get set off about 5 minutes later, same if you accidently or on purpose pressed the doodad that sticks up on top of the door panel. I just disconnected the damn thing. It always seemed to me that alarms basically just anoy more so than protect your car. Then again I live in a vey safe area and I stay out of the bad ones!

thank you TBIRDDRIVR. i disconnected the right plug the first try and it started up! now the alarm is disconnected. some things are better off left broken!!

I press the last two buttons on the keypad and the doors lock withOUT the alarm going off. The alarm arms if I lock the doors with the automatic lock/unlock buttons though. I never use my key to unlock/lock the doors, and I think that sets my alrm as well. It confused me for the first couple months I owned it, just my experience though.

NMxr7SC

By the way, I used to live on Grand Island on Stony Point Rd.
Where do you take your car for service?
I used to take mine to Grand Island Auto tech on Grand Island Blvd. Mike's pretty knowledgable about SC's.

i remember you. we wrote about spark plugs a while back. i actually haven't even had to bring my car to a shop. i've been trying to learn as i go. i did my plugs with my brother and it took about 2 hrs. i do need my tranny rebuilt and i need to find a good shop for that. do they do tranny rebuilds at grand island auto tech?

I don't know, I never had to have mine rebuilt.
My car is a 5 speed and I used to take it to a small shop in
St. Catharines who would do the clutch.

NMxr7SC said:
well, this thing's just getting embarrassing. yesterday it went off after i parked and left it in walmart parking lot and again at my apartment. i know it is not working properly. if i lock the doors with the last 2 on the keypad, there is no alarm light and it does not go off. if i hit the lock button inside, close the door and walk away, it will go off within 30 seconds. i need to know what wire to yank cause i have enough problems to worry about with this car right now. anyone know what wire to yank?

just manually lock the doors. its free and you dont have to break or yank any wires.

Back