Grand Rapids MI area Super Coupes

layinthesmack31

Hey guys

Well i am in the grand rapids michigan area and i am looking for some people to become friends with that also have SC's that live near me. I would love to share info and see some other cars but i dont see many driving around. Also i am looking for some people who enjoy working on these cars so that i have some help when it comes to working on the car. I just would really like to meet some people with the same respect for these cars that i have that live near me so we can hang out and work on the cars togather. So if anyone in this area is interested let me know. leave your email or instant messanger name and i will add u to my SC friends list. thanks again

MAtt

Come down to south west Michigan, we have about 10 SC's and an XR-7 that are enthusiasts here. The 5 most popular are from the St. Joseph area and include my 2 sc's, Steve's 89, Adam's 35th, and Derek's 94. Usually you can find us hanging out downtown on the bluff or at the beach.

Plus Adam and I do engine work so we can help out others. I just got my 90 SC back on the road after sitting in my garage since 12/01.

yeah come down to st. joe, we're all about checkin out a new chicken. like scott said we're all about doing some engine work. i'm rebuilding mine again after putting 3,000 miles on it after my last engine rebuild (top half only). this time i'm doing a bottom end rebuild. Fun!!!

adamrg311@hotmail.com

Hey Craig is your air suspension fully operational now? Can you lay frame? I wanna check that car out in person soon. How is the body work coming along?

what up scott? yeah the air suspension has been going since last summer. i made a few changes to get it to lay frame. mainly i had to do some cutting to get it to lay out the rest of the way. the rear is all set, i just have to weld it up. the front is partially done, but i still have to do a bit more cutting and welding and it should be laying all the way around. i just installed new solid motor mounts along with a 1/2" steel plate to get the oil pan off the ground:D

the body is nearly complete. i will be shaving the handles either tomorrow or the following day and that should pretty much rap up most of the body work. i was hoping to have it painted by summer but i've been pretty busy and i've made alot more changes i wasn't planning on, but i can't tell what they are:p. i hate to keep everything a secret but i want to suprise everyone hahahah! i'm still planning on painting it soon, but i'm almost tempted to wait since summer is about shot. i will tell you one thing though, it is very very very different since you guys last saw it:)

I can't wait to see it and check out all the custom stuff you've done to it. Even without being painted it will still turn a lot of heads? Do you have shockwaves up front or Mark VIII shocks still?

i ended up switching to the shockwaves. i like the mark bags but they just didnt' give me the drop i needed. you are welcome to stop by and check it out. i probably won't drive it until its painted. i don't want any unecessary grease and conatminents on it since it is all sanded down.

Dereks94sc said:
theres another sc at gvsu!!!!!!!!! why havent i seen you?

because i haven't drove the car in about 2 years :mad: how long have you been there? i'm assuming you have a 94 correct? what color? i've seen a red and 2 white sc's (all 89-93) at gvsu but i don't know the owners. there may acutally be a couple red ones, i'm not sure.

scott, i'm in muskegon now...i'm finally done with school. do still go hang out at gvsu ever? i'm not that far from there. if you give me a couple weeks, i SHOULD have pretty much everything wrapped up so you can get a better idea of what it looks like. it's pretty tore apart right now.

I dont actually go to gvsu, but my girlfriend does so i am out there just about every night if ya know what i mean:D

im about 3 minutes from gvsu (dont go there i'm still 17 d@mnit)
i know i dont have a bird but at least i have the engine:D
anyway two of my buddies have supercoupes (a red 93 5-spd with 50k on it and a silver 94 with 108k on it)

anybody want to meet up somewhere?
it would have to be close as i still have a d@mned oil leak

also is anybody else having an addiction to sc whine ?
i get these cravings :confused:

Back