O2 sensor problem i think..

SuperCoupeSC91

i used to have a check engine light come on and off a little offen, since my custom dash gauge cluster now, i removed the stock cluster and dont have it anymore... i have less than 5k on both O2 sensors, but now i hooked up my 2 A/F Autometer gauges and i see only the 1 a/f gauge (drivers O2) works like all the time, and the other a/f gauge (passangers O2) one works sometimes, like if the passangers O2 is intermitt'n, witch i'm wondering because i used to get a check engine code (forgot the number) and a defintion on the Snap On computer said something like "EGO not switching" could this be why my car stalls like 50% of stop lights because i never got any other codes, but what i hate is i got less than 5k on them both..i'll probably replace itnext week or so, just wanted an opionion to see if this could be maybe my stalling problem (because of fuel/air not calculated when i slow down or put it in neutral) because when i slow down at lights or put my car in netrual sometimes my idle just wants to fall till it stalls so i give it a little gas and keep it at 800 about rpms and it runs fine... Thanks Alex LaChance..

I have the same problem now after my rebuild. I have the same stalling problem too which I'm pretty sure is caused by the o2.

My A/F gauge will work for 5 minutes or so, then shut off. Shortly after that, my Check Engine light will come on. I'm going to change my sensor tomorrow. :)

Back